Truck Driver Resume
Commercial truck drivers can seek a job in an organization to deliver goods safely from one place to another. If you have license to drive trucks then you can land for this job with the help of a truck driver resume. Only a truck driver resume can help you to persuade potential employer to call you for interview. Truck driver resume will help potential employer to evaluate your driving skills and previous work history. Your resume should be well written with all important details. Restrict it to one page only because no one has time to read your lengthy life stories. Only a short and compelling resume can help you to get desired results. Your resume should be matched with the requirements of potential employer so that he/she can consider you for this job.
Job Description of Truck Driver
Job description of a truck driver may vary according to the nature and requirements of organization but for your help following are some common job duties and responsibilities:
- You should have commercial driving license according to the requirements of state.
- You must have knowledge about the maintenance of multi-rear axle trucks or any other types of truck and have equivalent license including general knowledge of law, regulations and operations.
- Truck driver is responsible to perform pre-trip inspections of his/her vehicle and be able to explain inspection requirements and needs.
- Truck driver is responsible to contrive and control vehicle in safe fashion. It includes handling of on-site vehicle and different over the road situations to control speed, different hazards, and lane positioning and road conditions to safely drive truck in night.
- You have to safely load and unload all equipments over all topography and properly secure all loads. He is responsible to check fuel and lubricant on right time and provide services of the vehicle.
Tips to Write Truck Driver Resume
Truck driver resume is necessary to write effectively and for your help I am sharing some tips to design truck driver resume:
- You have to organize whole information before designing your resume. You can set some traditional categories to design a perfect resume such as personal information, career objective, work experience, education, training, skills and personal references.
- Give personal details including your name, email address, telephone number, cell number and residential address. Centralize this information to make it prominent for potential employer.
- After personal information, you have to write career objectives of 1 to 2 sentences. You have to state the reason for applying this job and what you want to achieve through this job. Write a unique career objective instead of making it generic.
- Choose from chronological, function or hybrid resume formats according to your skills and experience history. If you have strong working history then writes it in chronological order. Chorological resume focuses on work history, function resume highlights your experience while hybrid will combines the important elements of both formats.
- If you have any commercial driving qualification of license then explain it in your resume. Any certification like first aid will proves best for your resume. It will help the potential employer to take decision about you.
- Write previous driving experiences with the name of employer, type of vehicles, job duration and important job duties. Start this section with most recent experience and write only relevant experiences in this section.
Things to Avoid
You have to be careful about the following points while designing truck driver resume:
- Do not try to include lies in the truck driver resume because you cannot fool potential employer with your creative embellishments.
- Do not include your photograph in the resume until it is asked by potential employer. It will ruin your all writing efforts and decrease your selection chances.
- Do not divulge your sensitive details like account number, credit card number, passport numbers etc.
Here is preview of this free Truck Driver Resume created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this Truck Driver Resume,
Download Truck Driver Resume
- Carpenter Resume
Carpenters usually work in the construction industry to perform different activities related to construction. If you have similar qualifications and find yourself proficient for this job then you have to design a carpenter resume. Your resume should showcase your skills, strengths, experiences and career objectives. A well designed resume is essential to find your dream job therefore it is necessary to know the right format and contents of the carpenter resume. If you want to design an effect...
- Engineer Resume
After the completion of engineering degree, everyone wants to find a dream engineering job through an application process. You have to build an engineering resume with all your qualifications and credentials. A compelling resume is always required to get the better chances of interview for the engineering jobs. During your study time, try to make you more erudite and marketable for the potential employers. It will also help you in writing an engineer resume according to the specific requireme...
- Professional Race Car Driver Resume
Professional Race Car Driver is a person who drives the race car as his/her profession. His/her main job is to drive his/her car at high speeds in order to be the first in crossing the finish line. This profession is not only thrilling but also involves a great risk. Therefore, it is extremely important for a professional race car driver to learn some professional qualities and qualifications.
A license is required to operate and drive high-speed vehicles. In addition, further advanced dri...
- Human Resource Specialist Resume
Human resource means human capital of industry. It is assets of the industry in real meaning. The human resource specialists are employed to enhance the human capital within an industry or organization. The human resource specialist is provided office staff with necessary information. He has authority to allot the job vacancy, arrange the interview, and decide the pay of worker. Actually he is the head of human resource department. He can check out the work of different department of the indu...
- Firefighter Resume
Resume is an important tool for all types of job seekers to hunt job in all fields. If you want to become a firefighter then it is essential to design a well drafter firefighter resume to showcase your relevant skills, education, experience and certifications. Error free and concise resume will help you to grab the attention of potential employer for the hiring of firefighters. This resume provides appropriate details of education, employment history and special interests. You should write yo...
- Insurance Specialist Resume
This is a reality that life is very uncertain and we don’t know a damn thing about the future which makes it a little difficult to free your mind from your family’s future situations when you will not be around or worst case scenario, if you are dead. This is the fear that convinces a person to get insurance for the sake of his family’s future. There are various kinds of insurances out there but individuals tend to stick with life insurance, property insurance, vehicle insurance and medical i...
- Hostess Resume
Hostess profession has high demand in different Asian and European countries. Hostess can work in different settings such as restaurants, hotels, hospitals, resorts, bars and different other hospitality organizations. Job duties and description can vary according to the nature of organization but her primary responsibility is to serve guests. If you have charming personality and skills to become a hostess then you have to design a compelling resume. Only a resume can help you to land for the ...
- Executive Assistant Resume
Resume is a handy tool that helps potential employer to evaluate your skills and abilities for the job of executive assistant. It is frequently used tool for the screening of potential candidates on the basis of merit. Executive assistance is an important job because he/she is responsible to help employer in various tasks even in resume evaluation for the screening process therefore potential employers always look for highly qualified and proficient candidate for this position. If you find yo...
- Warehouse Resume
Warehouse jobs are of different kinds including packagers, shipping and receiving clerks, managers, material handlers etc. Warehouse workers work at rapid pace to efficiently meet all shipping and receiving deadlines. If you have required qualifications and find yourself suitable for this job then you have to apply for this job after designing an effective warehouse resume. Only a warehouse resume helps you to convince potential employer to evaluate your skills and abilities. Well organized a...
- Office Coordinator Resume
The duties and responsibilities of an office coordinator are similar to an administrative assistant to some extent. An office coordinator is responsible to manage the office related activities. He has to participate in clerical and secretarial related activities to run the office in a smooth way. Sometimes he is responsible to keep the record of official activities including necessary documents of office. Office coordinator usually works under the supervision of manager to accomplish the offi...