Territory Manager Resume
A territory manager is a head or supervisor of a professional sales team who concentrates on increasing the sale in a particular geographical area. We see this type of managers in a wide range of businesses from telecommunication to customer services and electronic appliances. Usually the territory manager increases the sale of his area by maintaining good and long term relations with the customers. The most important part of a territory manager’s job is to start and keep good relations with customers because a happy customer is like the best way to advertise your product. Although it’s not a part of most of the territory managers but some of them go out and actually meet with the clients in their territory. This way they don’t only believe what their sales team tells them but they listen to the real consumers and ask about their concerns about the product he is selling.
When a company hires a territory manager or nominates an old employee to this post, he is required to perform the following duties:
- Maintaining personal contact with all the assigned accounts in the territory.
- To answer all the queries within 24 hour and arranging a meeting with the new clients to give them a presentation about the company’s products or services.
- Arranging meeting, conventions and presentations for the meeting between the company and territory clients and serving as a host.
- Maintaining a kind and courteous behavior towards every client and each of his complain.
- Eliminating the conflicts between clients and the sales team to increase the customer’s trust on company’s customer care services.
As we have defined above the key tasks of a territory manager and his important in the progress of a company or business, these managers are paid very good salaries. Although their salary figure varies according to the size, type and location of the company as bigger or international companies pay higher salaries because their business is huge where on the other hand, small or local companies pay less salary. Same is the affect of the location of the company as you can see that territory managers in Europe and America get paid higher salaries whereas the same managers in the countries like Pakistan or India get low salaries. Generally a territory manager earn up to $75000 per year which increases as he gains more experience and increases the sales. These managers are also accommodated with extra benefits like free medical, insurance, retirement plans and more important bonuses on targeted sales.
Key elements to include in a territory manager resume:
- Divide your resume into several different parts and limit all the information to their specific portions.
- Start the resume with information section in which you put your name and contact information such as telephone number and mail address.
- After that put an objective in which you state your sales related goals in a unique manner.
- After that put a short but brief summary of your education achievements which you should start with the most recent degree you have earned and then go back and discuss every course and certification. You are required to put the name of the institution, degree of course and passing year for each.
- In the work experience section, you discuss everything about your previous jobs but only the related ones. Start with the most recent job and provide the name of the company, job title and duration of employment there.
- In the end use some special keywords to demonstrate your skills and abilities related to sales and the tactics that you have gained over the past few years which will help you at this job.
Things you shouldn’t put in your territory manager resume such as:
- Unless you are asked, don’t provide any references in the first place but save them for later. Once you are called for an interview, then it’s the time to give them the information about your previous employers.
- This is not some common document that you can play with; you need to spend some time with your resume while designing it. Avoid using colorful paper and fonts and stick to a simple template.
- There is no need to add anything too personal in your manager’s resume as this is an official document and no one will have time to read all of that useless information like your marital status or hobbies.
- Do not send the resume without proofreading it. You should do it twice or better ask someone else do to it for you. Look for small grammatical and spellings mistakes that you couldn’t see in a glance.
Sample Territory Manager Resume:
Here is preview of this Free Sample Territory Manager Resume created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this Territory Manager Resume,
Download Territory Manager Resume
- Purchase Manager Resume
A purchase manager, who is also known as procurement head, works in the field of purchasing or buying inside the company. This position and this person are found in those huge and international companies which has more than one department but they use a centralized process of purchasing for the entire company. It’s very common that every business buys or purchases stuff on regular basis and that’s the reason that it is very hard to keep track of every purchase to see where is being consumed a...
- Advertising Manager Resume
An advertising manager acts like a bridge between the agency staff employees and outside clients in the market. Working with the team, the advertising manager acts like as a sales representative in front of the client when he is presenting a proposal and he is the one who also works as the representative of the client inside the company. The key purpose of an advertising manager is to present the idea the client wants to see, convince him to seal the deal and agree to start the project, build...
- Assistant Manager Resume
The role of an assistant manager is an essential ingredient in every business and organization. The employee who works at this position is required to play a role of bridge or buffer between the higher management and lower supervision. Although person at this post is supposed to be only an assistant but the fact is that they actually make a number of important decisions for the management in daily routine. The assistant manager stays with the manager and helps him in this every task such as r...
- Assistant Project Manager Resume
An assistant project manager is the person who is required to assist his or her nominated project manager with the planning, management direction, project completion and financial expenses to complete and deliver the project on time to satisfy the client(s). An ideal assistant helps the project management in all possible ways like project coordination and control, cost tracking, job cost analysis, arranging meeting for administration and clients and preparing weekly progress reports of the pr...
- General Manager Resume
Management positions always require well designed resume to influence the latent employer. Main credentials should be your main focus while working on resume writing otherwise you cannot get positive results. Management positions are important positions so it is important to show wide variety of skills in the resume as soon as possible. It is most important to show your skills and qualifications in the resume so that the reader can evaluate your resume according to his/her requirements. Gener...
- Customer Service Manager Resume
Customer service manager works to satisfy needs of customers on various levels from head office to the front end of business. It is important job therefore highly reliable and qualified people are required by potential employers. Customer service manager is responsible for wide array of duties and responsibilities. If you have required qualification and experience then you have to design a perfect resume for this job. A customer service manager resume will help you to get important place in t...
- IT Manager Resume
If you are looking for the new and permanent job in the information technology then you have to design a compelling IT manager resume. High quality resume is always required to impress the potential employer to hire you. Resume should be divided into different segments for proper inclusion of contents such as function, content and general thoughts. You have to tell the truth in the resume so that you can outstand in the pool of candidates. IT managers are responsible to overlook the operation...
- Accounts Manager Resume
Accounting is such a broad field which involves almost every business in the world. With the help of accounting, one keeps the record of his business’s growth. This is a process which is done either on daily basis or after a pre-defined time period like three or six months. Account manager is a financial professional who oversees the money related activities in the business and keep record of every transaction either its cash or services. He is the one who researches, defines and implements n...
- Office Manager Resume
Office manager is an important person because he/she is responsible to organize everything related to office therefore employers want a person for this position with organizational skills and cost reduction talent. If you have organization skill and are quite confident about your career growth in this profession then it is necessary to design a resume. A well tailored resume should highlight your education, experience and other skills necessary that are necessary to run an office effectively....
- CIO Resume
Chief Information Officer commonly known as CIO is an imperative designation in the technology corporations. CIO is usually hired by the organizations to handle the activities of technology division. CIO is liable for the advanced technologies and computer systems for the prop up of firm. He/she has to report other members of the executive boards about his/her performance. It is the accountability of chief information officer to formulate and maintain strategic goals of the company. The role ...