Posts Tagged ‘Sales Associate Resume Example’
The Sales Associate is an important person in an organization who maintains good customer service. The responsibility of Sales Associate is not only to serve customers and correctly record all sales, but also to assist with merchandising responsibilities. These responsibilities include stocking, pricing and keeping the store neat, clean and organized. He or she is responsible for activities regarding sales of the company, as well as may tend to find new clients. The Sales Associate is responsible to report to the Assistant Store Manager or Store Manager, as appointed.
Job Description for Sales Associate:
Job description for Sales Associate may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Maintains an awareness of all promotions and advertisements; Assists in processing and replenishing merchandise and monitoring floor stock. Assist in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance, and housekeeping. Help customers in locating merchandise; Assist in completing price changes within the department. Communicate customer requests to management. Participate in year-end inventory and cycle counts. Assist in ringing up sales at registers and bagging merchandise. Ensures that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service. Any other tasks as assigned from time to time by any manager.
Tips for Writing Sales Associate Resume:
Following are some of the important tips for writing Sales Associate resume:
- Divide the sales associate resume into separate sections and subsections along with short paragraphs and bulleted points so that it can be easily readable.
- Include all necessary details, including full name, contact information, telephone numbers, permanent address, email address, and job objective.
- Write your major professional highlights as sales associate after the Job Objective section as this gives an idea about quantifiable results of your work.
- Include Professional Experience section above the Academic Qualifications section as experience is very important for the Sales Associate job.
- If possible, try to describe your professional experience and related basic job responsibilities in bullets.
- Write all of your key skills that are relevant to the sales associate in Skills section.
Following things should be included in Sales Associate resume:
- Write a job objective in your resume that strikes a chord with the employer.
- Summarize your strengths and major qualifications in the top half of the first page in the Professional Achievements or Highlights section.
- Always highlight your achievements when writing a Professional Experience section.
- It is better to give a bulleted list of your major accomplishments under each employer. Always show quantifiable results of your work in this section.
- Add your major academic qualifications in your resume that are particularly related to sales and marketing.
- Add a list of your major sales and marketing skills in your resume that can provide benefit to the employer.
- If any, do include the professional affiliations, and professional training and seminars that you have related to your profession.
Following things need to be avoided in Sales Associate resume:
- Don’t add too many responsibilities and achievements in your resume as they will only de-emphasize the main points.
- Don’t include a long list of skills because it will be viewed with skepticism.
- Don’t misrepresent information.
- Don’t include extraneous personal information like your hobbies, health, social security number, age, height, weight, religion, citizenship, race, marital status, or names of wife and kids.
- Don’t add photos in your resume.
- Don’t include research papers, dissertations, or lists of publications.
- Don’t make your sales associate resume too lengthy, as the proper length of the resume can be from one to three pages.
Actions words are used to write the resume in a professional manner. They can be used in the Professional Accomplishments and Professional Experience sections. Some of the most commonly used action words in the Sales Associate resume are as follows:
Achieved, Acknowledged, Acquired, Assisted, Called, Collaborated, Conceived, Contacted, Demonstrated, Developed, Ensured, Established, Handled, Identified, Implemented, Increased, Maintained, Managed, Participated, Performed, Planned, Provided, Resulted, Received, Tested, Trained, Tracked, Worked,
Sample Sales Associate Resume:
Here is a preview of a comprehensive Sales Associate Resume created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this Sample Sales Associate Resume,
One of the most important parts of a recruitment process is interview, which significantly affects the selection or rejection of a job candidate. Therefore, once the candidate receives the interview call, he / she should be well prepared for the interview.
Following are some important interview tips that need to be followed when interviewing for the Sales Associate post.
- It is always good to make a list of common interview questions related to Sales Associate and answers, or you can answer them by yourself.
- Determine sales and marketing trends, which are currently happening in your industry and how to face or solve them.
- Recognize attributes, traits or abilities for Sales Associate, which are related to this job and how to get them.
- While interviewing, always maintain a professional behavior and do not discuss personal issues and problems.
- Always close the interview by expressing thanks and appreciation for their time.