A Public Relations Officer (PRO) is also known as Media Specialist. He is the spokesperson of a company or any organization. His main job is to convey the policies and interests of the organization to the public through different forms of media while developing and maintaining the reputation of the organization. Almost all sectors such as advertising companies, government agencies, and election commissions need public relations officer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of Public Relations Officer are as follows:
- Scripting, editing, and arranging production of newsletters, in-house magazines, pamphlets, speeches, case studies, editorials, annual reports, corporate profiles and submissions.
- Planning and managing the production of publicity brochures, direct mail leaflets, handouts, photographs, promotional videos, films, and multimedia programs.
- Assisting in preparing organizational documents and visual aids, and making public presentations.
- Supervising production of visual (such as film and video), audio, and electronic material, including administrating websites.
- Organizing events such as visits, press tours, open days, press conferences, exhibitions, and functions.
- Managing internal communication courses, workshops, and media training seminars.
- Managing an organization’s response to crucial issues and in times of crisis. Also, responding to enquiries from the public, media, and other organizations.
- Arranging interviews with journalists, preparing and distributing news releases, and making statements to the media.
- Keeping an eye on public opinion about an organization or specific issues, and planning public relations programs including the preparation of cost budgets.
- Developing and implementing communication strategies for the organization, and advising management on communication issues and strategies.
Education and Experience:
Although no standard educational requirements are specified for working as a public relations officer, however potential employers prefer to hire job candidates who have college degrees and some experience. The customary requirement is an undergraduate degree in business management, journalism, communications, public relations, or advertising. Internship in a field related to the employer’s industry is also helpful. A graduate degree in business or finance is very advantageous.
Knowledge and Skills:
A good Public Relations Officer should possess the complete knowledge of the communications and media, sales and marketing, and administration and management. He should also know something about the psychology of the public, human behavior and performance, and psychological research methods. Other necessary skills needed for a Public Relation Officer include good time management skills, negotiation skills, analytical and problem-resolution skills, leadership and motivation skills, sales and marketing skills, written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. All of these skills are necessary to deal with public and senior management.
Specific Instructions for writing Public Relations Officer resume:
Following general instructions should be mentioned while preparing a Public Relations Officer resume.
- The body of your resume should always be written in bullets with short sentences instead of using lengthy paragraphs.
- Describe clearly your strengths and explain the most important things the potential employer is looking for.
- Emphasize the requirements of a Public Relation Officer and how you best fit them.
- Clearly describe what you can do for an employer rather than what the employer can do for you.
- Write your contact number in your resume.
- You should mention the following skills in your resume:
– Establish and Maintain Interpersonal Relationships
– Listen Actively and Speak Clearly
– Think Creatively and Critically
– Schedule Work and Activities
– Interact with Computers
– Make Decisions and Solve Problems
– Update and Use Relevant Knowledge
– Communicate with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates
– Communicate with Persons Outside Organization
Here is preview of this Public Relations Officer Resume,
Here is download link for this Public Relations Officer Resume,
- Art Director Resume An Art Director is a term that is used for a range of similar job functions in advertising, publishing, television and film, the Internet, and video games. He/she may come up with the visual concepts for everything ranging from billboard advertisements to magazine layouts to videos and websites. Some of the art directors create the look of editorial publications like newspapers.
The art director is responsible for the overall visual appearance of an art piece or scene, and how it […]
- Collection Officer Resume Collection officer is responsible for collecting amount of bills and payments owed by the customers and clients. These professionals sit on the front desk of the organization and manage the process of transaction conducted by the customers. Most often collection officers work in the product oriented organizations who engage in selling their products. But now services oriented organizations also hire these individuals to manage their account and billing department. They also work as […]
- Chief Financial Officer Resume Chief financial officer is responsible to monitor or deal the financial and fiscal management process of the organization. The position of chief financial officer is management level so the job nature of this particular person is very challenging and diversifying as well. He performs the duties as same as executive. He is responsible to provide the organization with operational and programmatic support to run the business smoothly. As we know that each organization has its financial […]
- Desktop Publisher Resume Desktop Publisher uses desktop publishing software to produce professionally designed and presented documents by combining printed material, numbers, and pictures, and charts to prepare publications. Things such as books, calendars, business cards, newsletters, magazines, and newspapers are all produced by desktop publishers.
Depending on the company, desktop publishers may be called Publications Specialists, Desktop Publishing Editors, DTP (Desktop Publishing) Operators, and […]
- Electrician Resume Electrician is a tradesman who works on construction sites, buildings and factories for electric wiring and different other chores related to electrical equipment. Like every other positions, electrician resume is also necessary to design properly in order to apply for the job. It will help you to share your personal details, experiences and qualifications with potential employers. Different training courses and workshops can be attended through technical schools in order to enhance […]
- Model Resume Fashion models are usually recognized by their looks and outgoing personalities. Models are usually considered as blank slates to recreate their looks with the help of hairstyling, makeup and clothing. Models walk on ramp with skills and precision according to the requirements of potential employer. If you have sound personality and attributes to become a model then you can join this profession but like any other profession a sound resume is necessary to design. Job description […]
- Sales Representative Resume Selling is considered as an art because it is not easy to persuade others to buy your products. It requires talent, determination, excellent communication and persuasion skills. If you have these qualities then you can apply for the sales representative jobs. You can use your sales strategies while hunting a suitable job for you. It is necessary to design a resume before doing anything because only a compelling resume can persuade potential employer. While designing resume, you have […]
- Public Relation Officer Resume One can say that a public relations officer is an individual who has the responsibility of maintenance and upkeep of the reputation of the organization that he/she is providing services for. The amount of work that a public relations officer conducts may vary from small to big organizations. For example a big organization may have a whole department that is dedicated to public relations and the public relations officer works in that department whereas in a small organization, there […]
- Marketing Associate Resume A Marketing Associate is a person who develops an acute understanding of clients’ businesses, industries, customers, challenges, opportunities, and key business processes. He / she may work with the team to develop new and actionable marketing strategies that assist the clients attain and retain customers more successfully. Anyone who is passionate about strategy and marketing can become a successful marketing associate.
Job Description for Marketing Associate:
- Proactive Human Resource Manager Resume Proactive human resource means the action taken for the human capital for the future. To make these actions a person is employed that is known as proactive human resource officer. He is responsible for all these pro-activities. Pro-Active Human Resources officer is a Human Resources Consultant and Trainer for the employees of the company. He is specialized to help the organization for different Human Resources problems.
He provides training to employees of company at the right […]