Professional pilot requires ability to design a better resume in order to stand out in the pool of candidates. Pilots face strong competition for the job at major airlines that offer improved pay and benefits. Regulations and principles of the organization always require highlighting specific areas related to your skills and qualifications. With the help of these qualifications, you can easily attract potential employer to call you for the interview. Standard functional resume format is not acceptable in this industry because this resume only focuses on detailed work experience.
Job Description of Pilot
- Pilot is responsible to check airplane prior to flights to guarantee that the engines, controls, tools and other systems are running properly.
- Check luggage or cargo to verify correct load on the aircraft. Pilot has to prefer routes, heights and velocities that will provide safe and smooth flights.
- He/she has to consider airport altitude, outside temperatures, plan weights and wind paces as well as commands in order to calculate the pace necessary to become airborne.
- Pilot is liable to get in touch with control towers for takeoff clearances, arrival commands and other details using radio equipment.
- It is only pilot who will harmonize voyage activities with ground crews and air-traffic control as well as notify squad members concerning flight and test procedures.
- He has to categorize instrument flight plans with air traffic control for the perfect coordination of flights with air traffic.
- Pilot is accountable to supervise engine functions, fuel expenditure and performance of aircraft systems during flights.
Tips to Write Pilot Resume
- If you are writing general pilot resume then skip objective section because this section is best to design in the pilot resume for specific post within company. If you are capable to fill more than one positions such as pilot, copilot or instructor then do not limit yourself and skip objective section in the resume.
- Write your all credentials in the resume to amplify the importance of pilot resume. You can include all certifications and college degrees of related subjects in the education section. If you are writing your resume in the reply of a job post then emphasize on all significant necessities of a particular position.
- Create separate segment for the secondary qualifications like certifications in flying security or sermons and workshops attended. You can include breakdown of your flying hours. If you have knowledge in multi-engine planes, solo flying or co-piloting then it will be better to integrate them in this section.
- You can create “special achievements” section to increase the value of your resume. You can include all significant accomplishments in this segment because this segment will help you to draw the concentration of possible employer toward your resume. If your achievements are minor then skip this section as it will highlight your weak areas.
Do’s (Must do while writing that resume)
- You should include your strengths and physical potency in the resume to make your resume impressive and outstanding.
- Pilot resume should highlight your education and certifications because these all are required for the evaluation of abilities of candidates.
- You should include keywords but keep balance of keywords and do not exceed them as these will not help you in the screening process.
Don’ts (Things not to do while writing resume)
- Do not mention your weaknesses in the resume because potential employers are interested to read your strengths and personality traits.
- Do not include any irrelevant section in the pilot resume because this can unnecessarily increase the length of your resume.
- Do not mention unrelated experience in the resume that can distract the attention of potential employer from original data.
Sample Pilot Resume
Here is preview of this Sample Pilot Resume created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this Pilot Resume,
Download Pilot Resume
- Carpenter Resume
Carpenters usually work in the construction industry to perform different activities related to construction. If you have similar qualifications and find yourself proficient for this job then you have to design a carpenter resume. Your resume should showcase your skills, strengths, experiences and career objectives. A well designed resume is essential to find your dream job therefore it is necessary to know the right format and contents of the carpenter resume. If you want to design an effect...
- Engineer Resume
After the completion of engineering degree, everyone wants to find a dream engineering job through an application process. You have to build an engineering resume with all your qualifications and credentials. A compelling resume is always required to get the better chances of interview for the engineering jobs. During your study time, try to make you more erudite and marketable for the potential employers. It will also help you in writing an engineer resume according to the specific requireme...
- Nutritionist Resume
Our body shape and health depends upon the type and amount of food we take. Sometimes it happens that we don’t care much about what we are eating and how much calories this food contains and as a result, we gain weight. It mostly happens to those people who work very hard or are always busy in their lives and don’t have much time to eat properly or measure their weight on regular basis. And when they find out their weight, they consult a health instructor who prepares a food chart for them so...
- Plumber Resume
Plumbing is a technical vocation and due to its strapping union there are different support mechanisms in the plumbing career path. Plumbers are responsible to set up, revamp and maintain water as well as waste water discarding system in the inhabited and commercial buildings. You can increase your service opportunities by including diverse skills and aptitudes related to the attention of potential employer. You have to spotlight significant details in your resume because it is the only sourc...
- Hostess Resume
Hostess profession has high demand in different Asian and European countries. Hostess can work in different settings such as restaurants, hotels, hospitals, resorts, bars and different other hospitality organizations. Job duties and description can vary according to the nature of organization but her primary responsibility is to serve guests. If you have charming personality and skills to become a hostess then you have to design a compelling resume. Only a resume can help you to land for the ...
- Electrician Resume
Electrician is a tradesman who works on construction sites, buildings and factories for electric wiring and different other chores related to electrical equipment. Like every other positions, electrician resume is also necessary to design properly in order to apply for the job. It will help you to share your personal details, experiences and qualifications with potential employers. Different training courses and workshops can be attended through technical schools in order to enhance your skil...
- CNA Resume
CNA stands for certified nursing assistant is an important position related to the field of health care. If you are a certified as nursing assistant then there are lots of opportunities in health care field for you. If you want to give a great start to your career through a dream job then it is necessary to design a CNA resume. Only a compelling certified nursing assistant resume can help you to get an interview call. You have to explain everything carefully in the resume because it will be y...
- Photographer Resume
Photography is an interesting profession and in simple words photographer is a person who take photographs. A photographer can be worked as a freelancer to cover the contracts of particular events including wedding, naming ceremony, sports event etc. or can get employment in a studio or newspaper. If you want to make money in this profession as a professional photographer then a resume is necessary for you because it is the only tool that will help you to showcase your skills and abilities. Y...
- Truck Driver Resume
Commercial truck drivers can seek a job in an organization to deliver goods safely from one place to another. If you have license to drive trucks then you can land for this job with the help of a truck driver resume. Only a truck driver resume can help you to persuade potential employer to call you for interview. Truck driver resume will help potential employer to evaluate your driving skills and previous work history. Your resume should be well written with all important details. Restrict it...
- Construction Foreman Resume
A Construction Foreman is a skilled supervisor who is responsible to work side by side with the project manager, property owner, and other construction design engineers in order to complete a project in a given time limit. His job is to employ the suitable workers on the various tasks to complete the job, and supervise all phases of the construction project from start to end or supervise only a portion of the building process. Whether it is university campus building, streets, driveways, park...