Photography is an interesting profession and in simple words photographer is a person who take photographs. A photographer can be worked as a freelancer to cover the contracts of particular events including wedding, naming ceremony, sports event etc. or can get employment in a studio or newspaper. If you want to make money in this profession as a professional photographer then a resume is necessary for you because it is the only tool that will help you to showcase your skills and abilities. You have to prepare your portfolio according to the requirements of potential employer. Photography resume should be carefully designed because it will help you to show your skills and interests to potential employer.
Job Description of Photographer
Job description of photographer may vary according to the nature of organization but some common job duties of a photographer are as under:
Photographer is responsible to take different photographs according to the requirements of client or employer. He/she is responsible to use extensive equipments including lights, cameras, lenses, and special software to improve the quality of photographs. He/she is required to work in the liaison with other professionals including writers, researchers, editors, art directors, gallery managers and graphic designers.
Tips to Design Photographer Resume
Photographer has to design a compelling resume in order to persuade potential employer and in this regard I am going to share some tips with you regarding designing of photographer resume:
- Before designing your resume, it is necessary to find out either you want to click wedding photographs or want to work along the lines of shooting for different purposing including modeling.
- It will be good to know about the reader of your resume because it will help you to make your resume more compelling. If you are a freelancer and going for wedding photography contract then your resume will be analyzed by family of bride or groom. In this case, you resume should contain simple language.
- If you want to show your skills in a modeling shoot then your resume will be evaluated by management team of the company. In this case, you have to keep your resume formal to impress reader.
- Type of paper is really important for your resume so try to do something creative in this regard. You can use creative paper with professional touch to make yourself distinctive among crowd.
- Write details of your professional photography classes at school and college. If you have no special certification or qualification for photography then you can mention those classes or short courses that you have attended to learn photography.
- Write name of training institution, name of professional photographer and duration of your learning. You can give the reference of your photography teacher (professional photographer) after taking his/her permission.
- Write your professional experience or freelancing work in the experience section of your resume. Start with recent qualification and try to include your best photographs in your portfolio if required by potential employer.
- Be careful while writing and add only important details because excessive details can ruin your efforts and can distract the attention of potential employer.
Things to Avoid
An effective photograph resume should exclude following details:
- Use professional writing style because causal words and informal language both are strictly prohibited for resume.
- Avoid personal details like age, weight, color, height, name of pets and spouse etc. These can ruin the professional look of resume.
- You have to use plain and effective language because slang and trendy words portray an unprofessional attitude.
Sample Photographer Resume
Here is preview of this Sample Photographer Resume created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this sample Photographer Resume,
Download Photographer Resume
- Model Resume Fashion models are usually recognized by their looks and outgoing personalities. Models are usually considered as blank slates to recreate their looks with the help of hairstyling, makeup and clothing. Models walk on ramp with skills and precision according to the requirements of potential employer. If you have sound personality and attributes to become a model then you can join this profession but like any other profession a sound resume is necessary to design. Job description […]
- Hostess Resume Hostess profession has high demand in different Asian and European countries. Hostess can work in different settings such as restaurants, hotels, hospitals, resorts, bars and different other hospitality organizations. Job duties and description can vary according to the nature of organization but her primary responsibility is to serve guests. If you have charming personality and skills to become a hostess then you have to design a compelling resume. Only a resume can help you to land […]
- Creative Director Resume Creative directors play vital role in the art and entertainment industries because they are responsible to perform different activities. If you found yourself eligible for creative director job then you can land for this job after designing a creative director resume. Resume is an important tool that will help you to summarize the education and professional work history. Creative director resume will help you to create great first impression before potential employer. Your resume […]
- Housemaker Resume A homemaker is a person who takes care of a family and the place where the family lives. Typically, women are responsible for doing this job, whereas men are the providers of the homemaking job. However, both men and women can be providers and homemakers.
Job Description for Homemaker:
Job description for a homemaker may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Advises and assists family members in planning nutritious meals, purchasing and preparing foods, and […]
- Graphic Designer Resume Graphic designing is a visual communication and presentation. It is used in different magazine, advertising and on product wrappers. Graphic designing is also used on the product wrappers to promote the sale of a product. It gives a pleasant effect on the customer. These designs are used for advertisement or to introduce a new product or an idea in the community. Graphic designs are also used in text books for visual communication of the different ideas on science and other […]
- Network Administration Resume Employees of network administration work in different types of companies to monitor system activities and software working. These people require advanced technical knowledge to provide better support for the technical employees including help desk technicians. Network administrators work for employees, customers and suppliers upon their requirement. They can work on flexible or permanent schedule but can get higher salaries and employer-based benefits. They have to manage complete […]
- Electrician Resume Electrician is a tradesman who works on construction sites, buildings and factories for electric wiring and different other chores related to electrical equipment. Like every other positions, electrician resume is also necessary to design properly in order to apply for the job. It will help you to share your personal details, experiences and qualifications with potential employers. Different training courses and workshops can be attended through technical schools in order to enhance […]
- Carpenter Resume Carpenters usually work in the construction industry to perform different activities related to construction. If you have similar qualifications and find yourself proficient for this job then you have to design a carpenter resume. Your resume should showcase your skills, strengths, experiences and career objectives. A well designed resume is essential to find your dream job therefore it is necessary to know the right format and contents of the carpenter resume. If you want to design […]
- Sales Representative Resume Selling is considered as an art because it is not easy to persuade others to buy your products. It requires talent, determination, excellent communication and persuasion skills. If you have these qualities then you can apply for the sales representative jobs. You can use your sales strategies while hunting a suitable job for you. It is necessary to design a resume before doing anything because only a compelling resume can persuade potential employer. While designing resume, you have […]
- Data Entry Resume Data entry clerks are responsible to enter data in the computers for the further processing and execution that is usually done by computers. No special qualification is required for this job because the only requirement is knowledge about computers. You should have good typing speed and knowledge to operate different computer applications. You have to design a resume to communicate your skills and attributes to potential employer. Data entry resume should be compelling enough because […]