Phlebotomy is a course of action in which the blood sample of a patient is tested under medical procedures to know about the health status of the patient. It is a common practice at the present time and initiated in the barbaric practice of bloodletting or hemorrhages a patient. It has very long history which has claimed many lives in 2000 years of its existence. If you have required education and skills then you can appear for this job but with a well designed phlebotomist resume. A well designed phlebotomist resume will help you to get the attention of potential employers.
Job Description of Phlebotomist Resume
- Phlebotomist is liable to verify test requisitions by comparing information with nurture station log, brining incongruities to the concentration of unit personnel.
- He/she has to verify diseased persons by reading identification information of patients. Phlebotomist obtains blood samples for the venipunctures and fingersticks.
- He/she has to use aseptic technique to maintain sample veracity with the help of authentic procedures and observe segregation procedures.
- Phlebotomist collects curative drug-monitoring assays by working in collaboration with nursing personnel to ensure suitable drug dose to collection time.
- He/she has to scrutinize glucose levels by performing bedside glucose tests, recording results, reporting results to unit nurse manager.
- They have to keep up protected, secure and vigorous work environment by following standards as well as procedures complying with legal regulations.
Tips to Write Phlebotomist Resume
- Contact information will be the very first section of the phlebotomist resume. Do not expand this section unnecessarily and include your first and last name, address as well as telephone number at the top of the resume. You can also include your email address but it should be professional address with your name not a funny one.
- Objective section of the resume is optional for the phlebotomist resume so you can skip it but if you can design a strong objective statement then do not forget to include it in the resume for the help of potential employer. You can write as “Interested to obtain a challenging position for the phlebotomy technician and use my knowledge as well as qualifications to service patients”.
- Phlebotomist resume format will be based on the level of your education and work experience. If you have strong work experience as compare to formal training programs then you can highlight your work experience at the top of your resume. In case of little or no work experience, you can highlight education at the top.
- Education section will contain name of your school, duration of study and details of diploma as well as certifications. If you have received lots of awards then you can include them in this section.
- If you have successful phlebotomy certification then lists it in a separate section of your resume but do not include scores unless you have perfect or near-perfect scores.
Do’s (Must do while writing that resume)
- You should include the name of your employer and other important details related to your previous employment for the authentication of experience section.
- You should write the freelance works and internships in the phlebotomist resume to cover lack of experience in the professional field.
- Your resume should contain important details but in error free fashion as logical as well as grammatical errors have no place in the professional phlebotomist resume.
Don’ts (Things not to do while writing resume)
- Do not include weaknesses in the resume because these can ruin your whole impression in front of potential employer.
- Do not write fake references because any bogus or fake information will disappoint potential employer and he/she will through your resume in the dustbin.
- Do not send your resume without cover letter as it is better way to explain your additional qualifications and expertise.
Sample Phlebotomist Resume
Here is preview of this sample Phlebotomist Resume created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this Phlebotomist Resume,
Download Phlebotomist Resume
- Cardiologist Resume Cardiology is the study of all the diseases and illnesses related to heart of human beings so a doctor who specializes in this area is called a cardiologist. The most work of a cardiologist is based on the diagnosing conditions, treatment strategies; cure the ailments and helping the patient to have a control on his heart problem. This way a cardiologist not increases the life of a heart patient but also improves its quality. Within this area, there are number of fields a doctor can […]
- Childcare Resume If you love the company of children then you can land for the position in childcare center. It can be an ideal choice for you because daycare employees are responsible to look after children in the absence of their guardians. If you want to consider a job in this field then you have to design a strong resume according to the requirements of potential employer. It is a highly responsible job therefore people want to pick a reliable person to look after their kids. A well written […]
- Cardiac Nurse Resume In simple words, a cardiac nurse takes care of heart patients. These nurses work with a senior cardiologist and assist him in the patient taking care processes. Heart patients suffering from diseases such as congestive heart failure, cardiac dysrhythmia and cardiomyopathy are treated by these nurses. A cardiac nurse can be a male or a female but generally we see male nurses in this field. The reason of that fact is because dealing with a heart patients is not a piece of cake and it […]
- Nurse Resume Nurse resume is a type of health care resume that is easy to write because you can simply focus on a niche career by creating list of your credentials. Great nurse resume will help you to symbolize yourself while probing a perfect job for you. You have to use right words for your nurse resume so that you can discriminate yourself in the pool of candidates. Your resume should grab the interest of reader on rapid basis so that he/she can call you for the dialogue. Your resume only has […]
- Physician Resume A physician, also known as Medical Doctor (MD), is a medical professional whose job is to diagnose and treat diseases, injuries, and other disorders. He/she also participates in activities that are meant to promote good health and prevent illnesses. Sometimes, physicians supervise other healthcare staff, including physician assistants, nurses, and technicians. However, they do not do any surgery work.
Physicians are also responsible for maintaining the proper documents regarding […]
- Dental Assistant Resume Dental assistant is responsible to assist dentists in dental operations to provide more efficient dental treatments. Finding a dental job is not a laborious process because with the help of a dental assistant resume you can find a suitable job for you. You have to do some research about your accomplishments before designing a resume to put yourself in an attractive package. You have to include your skills, accomplishments and qualifications in the resume to persuade potential […]
- Engineer Resume After the completion of engineering degree, everyone wants to find a dream engineering job through an application process. You have to build an engineering resume with all your qualifications and credentials. A compelling resume is always required to get the better chances of interview for the engineering jobs. During your study time, try to make you more erudite and marketable for the potential employers. It will also help you in writing an engineer resume according to the specific […]
- Hospital Administration Resume Hospital administrator is responsible to handle management sides of hospitals and clinics. Hospitals provide different health care facilities therefore special administrative staff is required for each medical department. Hospital administration is responsible to provide different facilities for the smooth execution of healthcare processes. Hospitals require good management to provide healthcare facilities in better way to keep healthcare organizations in running condition. […]
- Truck Driver Resume Commercial truck drivers can seek a job in an organization to deliver goods safely from one place to another. If you have license to drive trucks then you can land for this job with the help of a truck driver resume. Only a truck driver resume can help you to persuade potential employer to call you for interview. Truck driver resume will help potential employer to evaluate your driving skills and previous work history. Your resume should be well written with all important details. […]
- CNA Resume CNA stands for certified nursing assistant is an important position related to the field of health care. If you are a certified as nursing assistant then there are lots of opportunities in health care field for you. If you want to give a great start to your career through a dream job then it is necessary to design a CNA resume. Only a compelling certified nursing assistant resume can help you to get an interview call. You have to explain everything carefully in the resume because it […]