Junior Tax Accountant Resume
I don’t think that there is any need to further describe who a junior tax accountant is. Junior tax accountant is an accountant but working on an entry level of this career. This employee is hired by a senior tax accountant for the assistant or a firm hires this employee and asks him to assist the senior accountant(s) in the firm. One, who wants to continue his career in the financial field, joins with this entry level job where his only job is to assist the seniors and observe the accounts related work to gain some experience and get familiar with the common financial tactics. After some experience, the firm or organization promotes the junior accountant to a post of staff accountant or general accountant. The duties of a junior tax accountant may vary according to the employment condition like if he is working in a private sector or in a government tax department.
The common duties of a junior tax accountant are:
- Helping the senior tax accountant(s) by sorting the necessary documents and files inside the office.
- Checking the documents to find any possible error in the statements.
- The junior tax accountant is allowed to make small changes in the figures or statements if he finds there is something wrong but only if it’s a small one and doesn’t need an expert to take care.
- In case there is a huge blunder in the figures or statements, informing the senior staff about that and ask for their assistant to correct it.
- Entering data into computer or any other storage as a common data entry person.
- In some conditions, sitting on the front desk to perform the duties of a receptionist.
- Performing clerical duties such as receiving and sending mail, answering phone calls and updating the client’s files regularly.
A junior tax accountant has various types of duties which highly depend on the firm or office they work in. that’s why every firm or department pays a different salary figure to this employee. As this is an entry level position, people with families to support, don’t apply for this job as it doesn’t provide very good income. Generally a junior tax accountant earns up to $25000 per year which goes around $35000 in some specific cases i.e. if the worker has some additional duties too. Many firms hire these employees on hourly rates and there the junior tax accountant earns around $7 per hour and also enjoys the flexible hours.
Key elements to include in a junior tax accountant resume:
- Divide your resume into several different parts which makes it look more professional.
- At the top, start with providing your basic information like name, father’s name, phone number and mail address.
- Always write a new and unique objective for your resume which shows that you have analyzed the job description very deeply and you have the skills which will help you at the job.
- In the experience section, provide information about your previous employments. Start with the most recent job and put company name, job title and duration of the employment on each job.
- After that, discuss your educational achievements i.e. degrees and certificates you have gained up until now. Provide institution name, course name and passing year for each degree.
- Special skills like multi-tasking, excellent communication skills and leadership are worth mentioning here. This will provide you an extra edge among other applicants.
Elements not to include in a junior accountant resume:
- Don’t send the resume without proofreading it or it will be better if you ask someone else to do it for you.
- This is an entry level job so don’t exceed more than one page and if there is a lot to talk about, save the less important stuff for interview.
- Don’t provide too personal information like your hobbies or marital status because no one will be interested in that.
- Don’t provide anything about a job if it’s not relevant to the accounting no matter how important it is.
- Although this career is all about money and finance but it’s not a good idea to discuss your expected salary in the resume. You will have your chance in the interview to share your expectation.
Junior Tax Accountant Resume:
Here is preview of this free Sample Junior Tax Accountant Resume created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this Junior Tax Accountant Resume,
Download Junior Tax Accountant Resume
- Junior Accountant Resume A Junior Accountant is really a junior accountant which joins this career from this entry level position. It’s the starting point for you if you want to be a senior accountant. This position prepares you for the later stages which involve much high profile duties and need an experienced person to work on. At this stage you work as an assistant to a regular accountant and perform some common office tasks but your main job is to observe the working of the other senior accountants and […]
- Staff Accountant Resume An accountant is a professional who works in the finance department in a government agency, public sector and accounting firms. If we describe a staff accountant, you won’t believe that there is no difference between an accountant and a staff accountant but just a job title given by various companies and firms. Staff accountant is an entry level job and these employees are generally hired to just watch the seniors and to learn the accounting and financial tactics. Once they have […]
- Payroll Accountant Resume An accountant is a professional who works with financial tasks like creating or analyzing financial reports and developing new strategies for the finance department of a company. The duties of an accountant vary according to the field or area they specialized in like auditing or tax statement preparation. An accountant is also known as CPA (certified public accountant) or just public accountant. In this situation, a payroll accountant is the one who deals with all the employee’s […]
- Senior Accountant Resume Accounting is a large field which helps us to keep a record of business growth and profit that the owner is getting. It can either be on daily basis or over pre-defined time period like three or six month. A senior accountant studies the growth of a business by preparing financial statements, recording every transaction, implementing new technologies to improve the business, analyzing the payable taxes and most importantly, presenting a real time situation in front of the […]
- Contract Accountant Resume Contract accountant is responsible to perform same duties of a regular accountant. These are indenture employees who do not become permanent members of an employer’s team. They have to deal in different environments with variety of employers in office surroundings. Some companies offer permanent positions to contract accountants according to the scope of their work and credentials of employee. Contract accountant is highly demanding and paying profession therefore lots of people want […]
- Account Representative Resume Account representative is equally important for any industry or any company. This profession has great scope and according to an estimate there were more than 2.1 million jobs in this field in 2008 and this number is growing continuously. Account representative has to perform different jobs including booking keeping, accounting, and auditing. High school degree is a highlighted demand of employer to handle the responsibilities of this position. Growing competition and demands for […]
- Chartered Accountant Resume Chartered accountancy is a very broad term which includes a number of duties and it’s not that easy to define a chartered accountant in a few words but if we describe such a person, he is an accountant professional who is responsible for the financial reporting, auditing the financial assets of the company, analyzing the taxes payable by the company, business recovery and liquidation. Chartered accountants work in almost every office and business around the globe which includes both […]
- Actuary Resume Actuary is a person who works in a company or any organization which deals with finances and analysis of facts and figures. The key role of an actuary is to analyze the figures and advice the company or an individual client before he invests in some project. An actuary uses his business expertise, knowledge of present economic situation, investment theories and provides financial advice to his company before it starts a new project or makes new policies. Some companies hire actuaries […]
- Accounts Manager Resume Accounting is such a broad field which involves almost every business in the world. With the help of accounting, one keeps the record of his business’s growth. This is a process which is done either on daily basis or after a pre-defined time period like three or six months. Account manager is a financial professional who oversees the money related activities in the business and keep record of every transaction either its cash or services. He is the one who researches, defines and […]
- Audit Associate Resume An audit associate is a person who performs testing and reviews of corporate internal controls and processes compliant with the annual audit plan of the company. He/she not only ensures that employees abide by rules and regulations, but also industry practices and human resources policies when performing their jobs. An audit associate generally holds a bachelor's degree in accounting or auditing.
Job Description for Audit Associate:
Job description for Audit Associate may […]