Hostess profession has high demand in different Asian and European countries. Hostess can work in different settings such as restaurants, hotels, hospitals, resorts, bars and different other hospitality organizations. Job duties and description can vary according to the nature of organization but her primary responsibility is to serve guests. If you have charming personality and skills to become a hostess then you have to design a compelling resume. Only a resume can help you to land for the job interview so design it carefully. It is necessary to include industry keywords and for this purpose you can consult job description provided by employer. It will help you to link your skills and credentials with the requirements of employer. Your resume should highlight all important details to grab the attention of potential employer.
Job Description of Hostess
Hostess may work in different settings therefore job description of can be varied as per organizations. Hence, for your help some common job duties and responsibilities of hostess are as under:
- Hostess is responsible to manage reservations by handling incoming calls to restaurants. He has to supervise waiting staff, welcome guests and assigns tables according to their reservations, take new reservations and make sure to keep guests satisfied.
- In large organizations, hostesses are responsible to handle overall dining from room services to buffet services. Hostesses are also responsible for different other operations like boning fish, salad mixing and flambéing foods.
Tips to Write Hostess Resume
Hostess resume will help you to increase your chances of interview call so it should be attractive enough. For your help, following are some tips to write an effective hostess resume:
- Divide your hostess resume into sections and subsections to highlight all important details. You can write important details by creating a separate section for everything like objective statement, training, previous experiences etc.
- Write your personal details followed by objective statement. In the objective statement, you have to state your interest and expectations in the hospitality career according to your knowledge of industry. You have to write about your experience in hospitality industry. Make your objective statement clear and concise for the convenience of potential employer.
- Different training programs are available to train hospitality professionals so list all formal trainings if you have attended any. Write name of school and date of completion of hostess training. List the details of any special classes in bar-tending or food serving.
- Carefully read job description provided by professional employer to include related keywords in the resume. Keywords should match with the requirements of potential employer because it will help you in screening process.
- Write important references from past job experiences for the convenience of potential employer. It will help him/her to evaluate your skills, proficiencies and credibility. You can get reviews of previous hospitality teachers to highlight your important skills.
- After completing your resume, proofread it twice because any logical or grammatical error can ruin your efforts and impression. Include true information because any falsify details can be dangerous for your career.
Things to Avoid
You have to be careful about the contents of resume because any irrelevant detail or section can ruin the impression of your resume:
- Do not write irrelevant experiences as well as details and for this purpose it will be good to consult job description.
- It is good to include keywords in the resume related to industry but avoid the use of superlative degrees of action words.
- Do not include any humoristic details as these can increase the anger of potential employer. Carefully choose professional tone for your resume.
Here is a preview of this Hostess Resume created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this Hostess Resume,
Download Hostess Resume
- Restaurant Hostess Resume A restaurant hostess is the person that we also know as the waitress. This is the person who we meet when you go in a restaurant. In the restaurant, the hostess is the one who gives us the menus and set up the table. When we decide what we want to eat, we place the order with the hostess and she is the one who comes with the food and checks on us from time to time in order to see if we need anything else or not. When we finish eating, we again call the hostess and ask her to bring […]
- Electrician Resume Electrician is a tradesman who works on construction sites, buildings and factories for electric wiring and different other chores related to electrical equipment. Like every other positions, electrician resume is also necessary to design properly in order to apply for the job. It will help you to share your personal details, experiences and qualifications with potential employers. Different training courses and workshops can be attended through technical schools in order to enhance […]
- Cashier Resume Cashier is responsible to carry on different operations related to cash registers therefore employers want to hire a responsible, qualified and reliable person as a cashier. If you want to become a cashier then you have to design a perfect resume to impress potential employer. Your resume should be informative enough to inform reader about your skills, achievements, abilities, qualifications, educations, professional experience and awards. It is necessary to highlight strongest […]
- Construction Foreman Resume A Construction Foreman is a skilled supervisor who is responsible to work side by side with the project manager, property owner, and other construction design engineers in order to complete a project in a given time limit. His job is to employ the suitable workers on the various tasks to complete the job, and supervise all phases of the construction project from start to end or supervise only a portion of the building process. Whether it is university campus building, streets, […]
- Program Coordinator Resume Program coordinator is responsible to oversee different programs for proper planning, implementation and evaluation. If you want to apply for this position then you have to design a program coordinator resume that should be comprised on a single page document. A compelling resume will help you to sell yourself in front of potential employer. You have to write every relevant thing but be careful about the restriction of length. Your resume should describe everything in impressive way […]
- Creative Director Resume Creative directors play vital role in the art and entertainment industries because they are responsible to perform different activities. If you found yourself eligible for creative director job then you can land for this job after designing a creative director resume. Resume is an important tool that will help you to summarize the education and professional work history. Creative director resume will help you to create great first impression before potential employer. Your resume […]
- Payroll Administration Resume Payroll Administrator is a person who is responsible for the making payments according to the work hours or performance of employees in the organization on behalf of employers. He is a person who visits the market to check out the salary packages of the different positions in different organizations very carefully and then take decision about the salaries of the staff of the organization in which he works. He set the salaries of staff in such a way that everyone should be satisfied […]
- Housemaker Resume A homemaker is a person who takes care of a family and the place where the family lives. Typically, women are responsible for doing this job, whereas men are the providers of the homemaking job. However, both men and women can be providers and homemakers.
Job Description for Homemaker:
Job description for a homemaker may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Advises and assists family members in planning nutritious meals, purchasing and preparing foods, and […]
- Professional Race Car Driver Resume Professional Race Car Driver is a person who drives the race car as his/her profession. His/her main job is to drive his/her car at high speeds in order to be the first in crossing the finish line. This profession is not only thrilling but also involves a great risk. Therefore, it is extremely important for a professional race car driver to learn some professional qualities and qualifications.
A license is required to operate and drive high-speed vehicles. In addition, further […]
- Proactive Human Resource Manager Resume Proactive Human Resource means the action taken for the human capital for the future. To make these actions a person is employed that is known as proactive human resource officer. He is responsible for all these pro-activities. Pro-Active Human Resources officer is a Human Resources Consultant and Trainer for the employees of the company. He is specialized to help the organization for different Human Resources problems.
He provides training to employees of company at the right […]