Hostess profession has high demand in different Asian and European countries. Hostess can work in different settings such as restaurants, hotels, hospitals, resorts, bars and different other hospitality organizations. Job duties and description can vary according to the nature of organization but her primary responsibility is to serve guests. If you have charming personality and skills to become a hostess then you have to design a compelling resume. Only a resume can help you to land for the job interview so design it carefully. It is necessary to include industry keywords and for this purpose you can consult job description provided by employer. It will help you to link your skills and credentials with the requirements of employer. Your resume should highlight all important details to grab the attention of potential employer.
Job Description of Hostess
Hostess may work in different settings therefore job description of can be varied as per organizations. Hence, for your help some common job duties and responsibilities of hostess are as under:
- Hostess is responsible to manage reservations by handling incoming calls to restaurants. He has to supervise waiting staff, welcome guests and assigns tables according to their reservations, take new reservations and make sure to keep guests satisfied.
- In large organizations, hostesses are responsible to handle overall dining from room services to buffet services. Hostesses are also responsible for different other operations like boning fish, salad mixing and flambéing foods.
Tips to Write Hostess Resume
Hostess resume will help you to increase your chances of interview call so it should be attractive enough. For your help, following are some tips to write an effective hostess resume:
- Divide your hostess resume into sections and subsections to highlight all important details. You can write important details by creating a separate section for everything like objective statement, training, previous experiences etc.
- Write your personal details followed by objective statement. In the objective statement, you have to state your interest and expectations in the hospitality career according to your knowledge of industry. You have to write about your experience in hospitality industry. Make your objective statement clear and concise for the convenience of potential employer.
- Different training programs are available to train hospitality professionals so list all formal trainings if you have attended any. Write name of school and date of completion of hostess training. List the details of any special classes in bar-tending or food serving.
- Carefully read job description provided by professional employer to include related keywords in the resume. Keywords should match with the requirements of potential employer because it will help you in screening process.
- Write important references from past job experiences for the convenience of potential employer. It will help him/her to evaluate your skills, proficiencies and credibility. You can get reviews of previous hospitality teachers to highlight your important skills.
- After completing your resume, proofread it twice because any logical or grammatical error can ruin your efforts and impression. Include true information because any falsify details can be dangerous for your career.
Things to Avoid
You have to be careful about the contents of resume because any irrelevant detail or section can ruin the impression of your resume:
- Do not write irrelevant experiences as well as details and for this purpose it will be good to consult job description.
- It is good to include keywords in the resume related to industry but avoid the use of superlative degrees of action words.
- Do not include any humoristic details as these can increase the anger of potential employer. Carefully choose professional tone for your resume.
Here is a preview of this Hostess Resume created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this Hostess Resume,
Download Hostess Resume
- Restaurant Hostess Resume A restaurant hostess is the person that we also know as the waitress. This is the person who we meet when you go in a restaurant. In the restaurant, the hostess is the one who gives us the menus and set up the table. When we decide what we want to eat, we place the order with the hostess and she is the one who comes with the food and checks on us from time to time in order to see if we need anything else or not. When we finish eating, we again call the hostess and ask her to bring […]
- Bartender Resume Bartenders usually work in restaurants or bars to serve different beverages and drinks to customers. If you have bartending experience, customer service skills and knowledge of industry then it can be ideal profession for you. In order to apply for any bartender job, you have to design an effective resume to feature important skills and qualifications. You have to consider necessary protocols of writing education, skills and experience while designing a bartender resume. Only an […]
- Electrician Resume Electrician is a tradesman who works on construction sites, buildings and factories for electric wiring and different other chores related to electrical equipment. Like every other positions, electrician resume is also necessary to design properly in order to apply for the job. It will help you to share your personal details, experiences and qualifications with potential employers. Different training courses and workshops can be attended through technical schools in order to enhance […]
- Truck Driver Resume Commercial truck drivers can seek a job in an organization to deliver goods safely from one place to another. If you have license to drive trucks then you can land for this job with the help of a truck driver resume. Only a truck driver resume can help you to persuade potential employer to call you for interview. Truck driver resume will help potential employer to evaluate your driving skills and previous work history. Your resume should be well written with all important details. […]
- Carpenter Resume Carpenters usually work in the construction industry to perform different activities related to construction. If you have similar qualifications and find yourself proficient for this job then you have to design a carpenter resume. Your resume should showcase your skills, strengths, experiences and career objectives. A well designed resume is essential to find your dream job therefore it is necessary to know the right format and contents of the carpenter resume. If you want to design […]
- Plumber Resume Plumbing is a technical vocation and due to its strapping union there are different support mechanisms in the plumbing career path. Plumbers are responsible to set up, revamp and maintain water as well as waste water discarding system in the inhabited and commercial buildings. You can increase your service opportunities by including diverse skills and aptitudes related to the attention of potential employer. You have to spotlight significant details in your resume because it is the […]
- Firefighter Resume Resume is an important tool for all types of job seekers to hunt job in all fields. If you want to become a firefighter then it is essential to design a well drafter firefighter resume to showcase your relevant skills, education, experience and certifications. Error free and concise resume will help you to grab the attention of potential employer for the hiring of firefighters. This resume provides appropriate details of education, employment history and special interests. You should […]
- Cashier Resume Cashier is responsible to carry on different operations related to cash registers therefore employers want to hire a responsible, qualified and reliable person as a cashier. If you want to become a cashier then you have to design a perfect resume to impress potential employer. Your resume should be informative enough to inform reader about your skills, achievements, abilities, qualifications, educations, professional experience and awards. It is necessary to highlight strongest […]
- Photographer Resume Photography is an interesting profession and in simple words photographer is a person who take photographs. A photographer can be worked as a freelancer to cover the contracts of particular events including wedding, naming ceremony, sports event etc. or can get employment in a studio or newspaper. If you want to make money in this profession as a professional photographer then a resume is necessary for you because it is the only tool that will help you to showcase your skills and […]
- Construction Foreman Resume A Construction Foreman is a skilled supervisor who is responsible to work side by side with the project manager, property owner, and other construction design engineers in order to complete a project in a given time limit. His job is to employ the suitable workers on the various tasks to complete the job, and supervise all phases of the construction project from start to end or supervise only a portion of the building process. Whether it is university campus building, streets, […]