A Construction Foreman is a skilled supervisor who is responsible to work side by side with the project manager, property owner, and other construction design engineers in order to complete a project in a given time limit. His job is to employ the suitable workers on the various tasks to complete the job, and supervise all phases of the construction project from start to end or supervise only a portion of the building process. Whether it is university campus building, streets, driveways, parking lots, or storm sewers, he is in charge for the quality of construction of any building.
Duties and Responsibilities:
A Construction Foreman is responsible for the following activities:
- Coordinating and supervising activities of workers and construction needs for all phases.
- Inspecting blueprints for determining various aspects of structure.
- Choosing materials and structural units, and examining them to make sure that they not only conformance with provisions of building code and local ordinance but also minimize its cost.
- Explaining floor plan and cabinet work to workers.
- Deciding the order of all activities that are concerned with fabrication, assembly, and erection of structure.
- Allotting workers to their respective duties and making sure that they have the appropriate training and tools so that they can execute their jobs accurately.
- Executing accident and incident reports.
- Making sure regulatory needs and safety measures are maintained.
- Assessing the fastest and easiest way to complete a job without sacrificing quality of the work being done.
- Sometimes, collecting the final payment as of contract.
Education and Experience:
Generally, a Construction Foreman with relevant years of experience is easily hired. However today, employers mostly prefer candidates to have a bachelor’s degree in Construction Science. Other necessary specialized courses include building codes, design, inspection procedures, site control, scheduling, and safety.
Knowledge and Skills:
A good Construction Foreman should possess the complete knowledge of constructions procedures, methods, practices, materials, equipments, tools, precautions, and utilities. He should also possess the necessary skills including good time management skills, negotiation skills, analytical and problem-resolution skills, leadership and motivation skills, written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. All of these skills are necessary to deal with superiors and construction crew.
Specific Instructions for writing Construction Foreman resume:
Remember the following general things while preparing a Construction Foreman resume.
- When writing the body of your resume, always use bullets with short sentences instead of using lengthy paragraphs.
- Emphasize on your strengths and describe what is most important to the potential employer.
- Highlight the requirements of a Construction foreman and how you best fit them.
- Highlight what you can do for an employer instead of what the employer can do for you.
- Always write your contact number in your resume.
- In your resume, you should mention the following skills:
Ability to design:
- Footing Systems
- Geometry of Framing
- Build any Concrete Form System
- Cut Wood Floor & Wall Systems
- Cut Wood Stair & Roof Systems
- Architectural Facades
- Install Roof Truss Systems
- Build Decks
- Read grade sheets
- Operate bulldozer
- Read blue prints
- Skids tear loader
- Operate backhoe
Here is preview of this Construction Foreman Resume,
Here is download link for this Construction Foreman Resume,
- Electrician Resume Electrician is a tradesman who works on construction sites, buildings and factories for electric wiring and different other chores related to electrical equipment. Like every other positions, electrician resume is also necessary to design properly in order to apply for the job. It will help you to share your personal details, experiences and qualifications with potential employers. Different training courses and workshops can be attended through technical schools in order to enhance […]
- Hostess Resume Hostess profession has high demand in different Asian and European countries. Hostess can work in different settings such as restaurants, hotels, hospitals, resorts, bars and different other hospitality organizations. Job duties and description can vary according to the nature of organization but her primary responsibility is to serve guests. If you have charming personality and skills to become a hostess then you have to design a compelling resume. Only a resume can help you to land […]
- Housemaker Resume A homemaker is a person who takes care of a family and the place where the family lives. Typically, women are responsible for doing this job, whereas men are the providers of the homemaking job. However, both men and women can be providers and homemakers.
Job Description for Homemaker:
Job description for a homemaker may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Advises and assists family members in planning nutritious meals, purchasing and preparing foods, and […]
- Director of Operations Resume Directors of operations assist company’s managers and other managing officers. Managing officers have to deal a lot of external matters that is why they find less time to focus on individual projects. To get assistance, managements have introduced a new job that is known as Director of Operations. They are appointed to oversee all project activities and then make proper documentation of these activities.
Directors of operations are generally responsible for data entry, accounts […]
- Staff Auditor Resume Auditing is a process of evaluation of system, organization, project, product and checking the performance measures. These activities are performed to achieve the company’s goals and objectives to lead the organization to the road to success. There are many types of auditing but staff auditing is most commonly practiced in the business organizations to keep a check on the employee’s performance and punctuality. These professionals engage in conducting operational and financial audit. […]
- Professional Race Car Driver Resume Professional Race Car Driver is a person who drives the race car as his/her profession. His/her main job is to drive his/her car at high speeds in order to be the first in crossing the finish line. This profession is not only thrilling but also involves a great risk. Therefore, it is extremely important for a professional race car driver to learn some professional qualities and qualifications.
A license is required to operate and drive high-speed vehicles. In addition, further […]
- Proactive Human Resource Manager Resume Proactive Human Resource means the action taken for the human capital for the future. To make these actions a person is employed that is known as proactive human resource officer. He is responsible for all these pro-activities. Pro-Active Human Resources officer is a Human Resources Consultant and Trainer for the employees of the company. He is specialized to help the organization for different Human Resources problems.
He provides training to employees of company at the right […]
- Municipal Management Resume Municipal Management is a profession that includes management of implementation of municipality’s IDP (Integrated Development Plan) and unfolding CDS (City Development Strategy) based on financially sustainable good governance in a city that is comprehensive as well as prolific.
A Municipal Manager is often referred as City Manager, and is responsible for whole maintenance of city government. Generally, he/she is the head of almost 5000 employees. The job of a municipal manager is […]
- Human Resource Specialist Resume Human resource means human capital of industry. It is assets of the industry in real meaning. The human resource specialists are employed to enhance the human capital within an industry or organization. The human resource specialist is provided office staff with necessary information. He has authority to allot the job vacancy, arrange the interview, and decide the pay of worker. Actually he is the head of human resource department. He can check out the work of different department of […]
- Xerox Operator Resume Xerox Operator is a person who is being involved in photocopying activities. A person appointed for this job may have to remain engaged in operating photocopy machines as well as fax machines and printers. He must be expert in use of latest technology available in market for photocopy. Other than photocopying services he is also responsible to deliver the photocopy material to the places told. He should also be expert in using basic computer programs like excel, access and word […]