A Construction Foreman is a skilled supervisor who is responsible to work side by side with the project manager, property owner, and other construction design engineers in order to complete a project in a given time limit. His job is to employ the suitable workers on the various tasks to complete the job, and supervise all phases of the construction project from start to end or supervise only a portion of the building process. Whether it is university campus building, streets, driveways, parking lots, or storm sewers, he is in charge for the quality of construction of any building.
Duties and Responsibilities:
A Construction Foreman is responsible for the following activities:
- Coordinating and supervising activities of workers and construction needs for all phases.
- Inspecting blueprints for determining various aspects of structure.
- Choosing materials and structural units, and examining them to make sure that they not only conformance with provisions of building code and local ordinance but also minimize its cost.
- Explaining floor plan and cabinet work to workers.
- Deciding the order of all activities that are concerned with fabrication, assembly, and erection of structure.
- Allotting workers to their respective duties and making sure that they have the appropriate training and tools so that they can execute their jobs accurately.
- Executing accident and incident reports.
- Making sure regulatory needs and safety measures are maintained.
- Assessing the fastest and easiest way to complete a job without sacrificing quality of the work being done.
- Sometimes, collecting the final payment as of contract.
Education and Experience:
Generally, a Construction Foreman with relevant years of experience is easily hired. However today, employers mostly prefer candidates to have a bachelor’s degree in Construction Science. Other necessary specialized courses include building codes, design, inspection procedures, site control, scheduling, and safety.
Knowledge and Skills:
A good Construction Foreman should possess the complete knowledge of constructions procedures, methods, practices, materials, equipments, tools, precautions, and utilities. He should also possess the necessary skills including good time management skills, negotiation skills, analytical and problem-resolution skills, leadership and motivation skills, written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. All of these skills are necessary to deal with superiors and construction crew.
Specific Instructions for writing Construction Foreman resume:
Remember the following general things while preparing a Construction Foreman resume.
- When writing the body of your resume, always use bullets with short sentences instead of using lengthy paragraphs.
- Emphasize on your strengths and describe what is most important to the potential employer.
- Highlight the requirements of a Construction foreman and how you best fit them.
- Highlight what you can do for an employer instead of what the employer can do for you.
- Always write your contact number in your resume.
- In your resume, you should mention the following skills:
Ability to design:
- Footing Systems
- Geometry of Framing
- Build any Concrete Form System
- Cut Wood Floor & Wall Systems
- Cut Wood Stair & Roof Systems
- Architectural Facades
- Install Roof Truss Systems
- Build Decks
- Read grade sheets
- Operate bulldozer
- Read blue prints
- Skids tear loader
- Operate backhoe
Here is preview of this Construction Foreman Resume,
Here is download link for this Construction Foreman Resume,
Download Construction Foreman Resume
- Carpenter Resume Carpenters usually work in the construction industry to perform different activities related to construction. If you have similar qualifications and find yourself proficient for this job then you have to design a carpenter resume. Your resume should showcase your skills, strengths, experiences and career objectives. A well designed resume is essential to find your dream job therefore it is necessary to know the right format and contents of the carpenter resume. If you want to design […]
- Electrician Resume Electrician is a tradesman who works on construction sites, buildings and factories for electric wiring and different other chores related to electrical equipment. Like every other positions, electrician resume is also necessary to design properly in order to apply for the job. It will help you to share your personal details, experiences and qualifications with potential employers. Different training courses and workshops can be attended through technical schools in order to enhance […]
- Hostess Resume Hostess profession has high demand in different Asian and European countries. Hostess can work in different settings such as restaurants, hotels, hospitals, resorts, bars and different other hospitality organizations. Job duties and description can vary according to the nature of organization but her primary responsibility is to serve guests. If you have charming personality and skills to become a hostess then you have to design a compelling resume. Only a resume can help you to land […]
- Associate Scientist Resume Associate scientists work in laboratories as the assistant to the senior scientist or staff scientist. Usually they help the seniors in the research projects and assist the staff scientists in conducting experiments. In order to conduct a research program, government agencies or private scientific firms pay the expenses and an associate scientist is hired by these agencies of private non-profit organizations to assist the key researcher and to conduct educational seminars. If a staff […]
- Plumber Resume Plumbing is a technical vocation and due to its strapping union there are different support mechanisms in the plumbing career path. Plumbers are responsible to set up, revamp and maintain water as well as waste water discarding system in the inhabited and commercial buildings. You can increase your service opportunities by including diverse skills and aptitudes related to the attention of potential employer. You have to spotlight significant details in your resume because it is the […]
- Firefighter Resume Resume is an important tool for all types of job seekers to hunt job in all fields. If you want to become a firefighter then it is essential to design a well drafter firefighter resume to showcase your relevant skills, education, experience and certifications. Error free and concise resume will help you to grab the attention of potential employer for the hiring of firefighters. This resume provides appropriate details of education, employment history and special interests. You should […]
- Bartender Resume Bartenders usually work in restaurants or bars to serve different beverages and drinks to customers. If you have bartending experience, customer service skills and knowledge of industry then it can be ideal profession for you. In order to apply for any bartender job, you have to design an effective resume to feature important skills and qualifications. You have to consider necessary protocols of writing education, skills and experience while designing a bartender resume. Only an […]
- Truck Driver Resume Commercial truck drivers can seek a job in an organization to deliver goods safely from one place to another. If you have license to drive trucks then you can land for this job with the help of a truck driver resume. Only a truck driver resume can help you to persuade potential employer to call you for interview. Truck driver resume will help potential employer to evaluate your driving skills and previous work history. Your resume should be well written with all important details. […]
- Salesman Resume Qualified and talented salespersons have hot demand in the market because the companies require increasing their sales in order to increase profitability of their business. Effectiveness of a salesperson can be measured by getting overview of accomplished and pending goals. You can make your salesperson resume an appealing resume by including details of successful completion of goals. You have to show up your interpersonal communiqué and presentation skills in the salesperson resume […]
- Nurse Resume Nurse resume is a type of health care resume that is easy to write because you can simply focus on a niche career by creating list of your credentials. Great nurse resume will help you to symbolize yourself while probing a perfect job for you. You have to use right words for your nurse resume so that you can discriminate yourself in the pool of candidates. Your resume should grab the interest of reader on rapid basis so that he/she can call you for the dialogue. Your resume only has […]