Dental Assistant Resume
Dental assistant is responsible to assist dentists in dental operations to provide more efficient dental treatments. Finding a dental job is not a laborious process because with the help of a dental assistant resume you can find a suitable job for you. You have to do some research about your accomplishments before designing a resume to put yourself in an attractive package. You have to include your skills, accomplishments and qualifications in the resume to persuade potential employer. Dental assistant resume should be compelling enough otherwise you could not get the attention of potential employer. It is necessary to consider job description of dental assistant before writing a dental assistant resume to include important words in the resume.
Job description of Dental Assistant Resume
Job description of dental assistant may vary from place to place but some common job duties and responsibilities of dental assistant are as under:
- Dental assistant is responsible to assist dentist in various treatment procedures.
- He/she has to take and develop dental radiographs.
- Dental assistant asks about the medical history of patients by taking his/her blood pressure and pulse.
- He/she should work as infection control officer to develop infection control protocol and sterilize instruments.
- Dental assistant helps patient to feel comfortable before, during and after treatment.
- Dental assistant should provide oral care instructions to patients according to surgery or other dental treatments.
- He/she has to teach appropriate hygienic strategies to patients for the maintenance of oral health like tooth brush, flossing and nutritional counseling.
Tips to Write Dental Assistant Resume
It is necessary to write a compelling dental assistant resume in order to increase your success chances and for your help I am sharing some tips to write dental assistant resume:
- Before writing your resume, it is necessary to do some research to know about the requirements of potential employer. Collect information about employer to find out about position and skills required for this position. It is necessary to know the qualities of good dental assistant to include them in your resume.
- Prepare a rough sketch to gather your personal details like work history, education and professional experience. You can divide your resume into different sections and subsections to highlight everything in the resume.
- Write contact information and your personal details on the top of your resume in the bold and large font. It should be placed on the upper left corner of the paper because it will help employer to remember you.
- Write job objectives after personal details with a bold and clear heading. You have to write the reason for which you are looking for the dental assistant job. Include some characteristics that you are looking in the dental assistant position.
- Prepare a separate section to write the educational history. Write the name of dental program, name of school with commencement and ending date of the degree. If your degree is not finished yet then you can write name of university and time period that you spent in university.
- Write details of extracurricular activities and any additional training programs to show your credibility. Write your professional experience in a separate section by writing name of your office, locations of previous jobs, duration of employment and important job duties related to your previous jobs.
- Outline your specific responsibilities like office administration, instrument sterilization, surgery assistant, x-rays, inventory and patient care. You can write a special paragraph to outline your personal abilities according to the job.
Things to Avoid
It is necessary to be careful about following points in order to make your resume perfect according to the requirements of potential employer:
- Do not mix up all details and try to divide it into different sections and subsections to highlight important sections of your resume.
- Falsify information can make your impression bad so honestly design your resume with accurate information.
- Avoid irrelevant personal details like your hobbies, details of family members, national tax number, account number etc.
Here is preview of this Dental Assistant Resume created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this Dental Assistant Resume,
Download Dental Assistant Resume
- Assistant Project Manager Resume
An assistant project manager is the person who is required to assist his or her nominated project manager with the planning, management direction, project completion and financial expenses to complete and deliver the project on time to satisfy the client(s). An ideal assistant helps the project management in all possible ways like project coordination and control, cost tracking, job cost analysis, arranging meeting for administration and clients and preparing weekly progress reports of the pr...
- Clinical Assistant Resume
There are many types of clinical assistants in the medical field. Some assistants assist the doctors and surgeons during the operation with equipments and instruments. Other clinical assistants perform basic duties in a clinic including welcoming the patient, interviewing them, preparing their medical chart and taking them to the checkup room. Many clinical assistant also sit behind the reception counter and do a little bit of customer care duties such as answering the telephone, making appoi...
- Advertising Assistant Resume
Advertising assistant is a person who assists the executive account manager in an advertising agency or a media firm. This is like the entry point of the advertising career and people apply for this position as an intern when they are studying so that they will have all the necessary experience about the job when they complete their studies. Advertising assistant is a low level employee who assists the job functions and administration in an advertising agency and this job includes a number of...
- Assistant Manager Resume
The role of an assistant manager is an essential ingredient in every business and organization. The employee who works at this position is required to play a role of bridge or buffer between the higher management and lower supervision. Although person at this post is supposed to be only an assistant but the fact is that they actually make a number of important decisions for the management in daily routine. The assistant manager stays with the manager and helps him in this every task such as r...
- Orthodontist Resume
The job of orthodontists resembles to the dentist who takes care of teeth only an orthodontist deals with the misaligned teeth and correct them by implementing number of strategies. It may sound like having misaligned teeth is not that big problem but unfortunately it is. It causes snoring, sleep apnea and other breathing problems in a person who has misplaced his jaw or born with it. An orthodontist is the one who deals with the babies who are born with cleft lips or cleft palates. A researc...
- Cardiac Nurse Resume
In simple words, a cardiac nurse takes care of heart patients. These nurses work with a senior cardiologist and assist him in the patient taking care processes. Heart patients suffering from diseases such as congestive heart failure, cardiac dysrhythmia and cardiomyopathy are treated by these nurses. A cardiac nurse can be a male or a female but generally we see male nurses in this field. The reason of that fact is because dealing with a heart patients is not a piece of cake and it could beco...
- Phlebotomist Resume
Phlebotomy is a course of action in which the blood sample of a patient is tested under medical procedures to know about the health status of the patient. It is a common practice at the present time and initiated in the barbaric practice of bloodletting or hemorrhages a patient. It has very long history which has claimed many lives in 2000 years of its existence. If you have required education and skills then you can appear for this job but with a well designed phlebotomist resume. A well des...
- Cardiologist Resume
Cardiology is the study of all the diseases and illnesses related to heart of human beings so a doctor who specializes in this area is called a cardiologist. The most work of a cardiologist is based on the diagnosing conditions, treatment strategies; cure the ailments and helping the patient to have a control on his heart problem. This way a cardiologist not increases the life of a heart patient but also improves its quality. Within this area, there are number of fields a doctor can choose to...
- Childcare Resume
If you love the company of children then you can land for the position in childcare center. It can be an ideal choice for you because daycare employees are responsible to look after children in the absence of their guardians. If you want to consider a job in this field then you have to design a strong resume according to the requirements of potential employer. It is a highly responsible job therefore people want to pick a reliable person to look after their kids. A well written resume should ...
- Nurse Resume
Nurse resume is a type of health care resume that is easy to write because you can simply focus on a niche career by creating list of your credentials. Great nurse resume will help you to symbolize yourself while probing a perfect job for you. You have to use right words for your nurse resume so that you can discriminate yourself in the pool of candidates. Your resume should grab the interest of reader on rapid basis so that he/she can call you for the dialogue. Your resume only has few minut...