Dental Assistant Resume
Dental assistant is responsible to assist dentists in dental operations to provide more efficient dental treatments. Finding a dental job is not a laborious process because with the help of a dental assistant resume you can find a suitable job for you. You have to do some research about your accomplishments before designing a resume to put yourself in an attractive package. You have to include your skills, accomplishments and qualifications in the resume to persuade potential employer. Dental assistant resume should be compelling enough otherwise you could not get the attention of potential employer. It is necessary to consider job description of dental assistant before writing a dental assistant resume to include important words in the resume.
Job description of Dental Assistant Resume
Job description of dental assistant may vary from place to place but some common job duties and responsibilities of dental assistant are as under:
- Dental assistant is responsible to assist dentist in various treatment procedures.
- He/she has to take and develop dental radiographs.
- Dental assistant asks about the medical history of patients by taking his/her blood pressure and pulse.
- He/she should work as infection control officer to develop infection control protocol and sterilize instruments.
- Dental assistant helps patient to feel comfortable before, during and after treatment.
- Dental assistant should provide oral care instructions to patients according to surgery or other dental treatments.
- He/she has to teach appropriate hygienic strategies to patients for the maintenance of oral health like tooth brush, flossing and nutritional counseling.
Tips to Write Dental Assistant Resume
It is necessary to write a compelling dental assistant resume in order to increase your success chances and for your help I am sharing some tips to write dental assistant resume:
- Before writing your resume, it is necessary to do some research to know about the requirements of potential employer. Collect information about employer to find out about position and skills required for this position. It is necessary to know the qualities of good dental assistant to include them in your resume.
- Prepare a rough sketch to gather your personal details like work history, education and professional experience. You can divide your resume into different sections and subsections to highlight everything in the resume.
- Write contact information and your personal details on the top of your resume in the bold and large font. It should be placed on the upper left corner of the paper because it will help employer to remember you.
- Write job objectives after personal details with a bold and clear heading. You have to write the reason for which you are looking for the dental assistant job. Include some characteristics that you are looking in the dental assistant position.
- Prepare a separate section to write the educational history. Write the name of dental program, name of school with commencement and ending date of the degree. If your degree is not finished yet then you can write name of university and time period that you spent in university.
- Write details of extracurricular activities and any additional training programs to show your credibility. Write your professional experience in a separate section by writing name of your office, locations of previous jobs, duration of employment and important job duties related to your previous jobs.
- Outline your specific responsibilities like office administration, instrument sterilization, surgery assistant, x-rays, inventory and patient care. You can write a special paragraph to outline your personal abilities according to the job.
Things to Avoid
It is necessary to be careful about following points in order to make your resume perfect according to the requirements of potential employer:
- Do not mix up all details and try to divide it into different sections and subsections to highlight important sections of your resume.
- Falsify information can make your impression bad so honestly design your resume with accurate information.
- Avoid irrelevant personal details like your hobbies, details of family members, national tax number, account number etc.
Here is preview of this Dental Assistant Resume created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this Dental Assistant Resume,
Download Dental Assistant Resume
- Assistant Project Manager Resume An assistant project manager is the person who is required to assist his or her nominated project manager with the planning, management direction, project completion and financial expenses to complete and deliver the project on time to satisfy the client(s). An ideal assistant helps the project management in all possible ways like project coordination and control, cost tracking, job cost analysis, arranging meeting for administration and clients and preparing weekly progress reports […]
- Clinical Assistant Resume There are many types of clinical assistants in the medical field. Some assistants assist the doctors and surgeons during the operation with equipments and instruments. Other clinical assistants perform basic duties in a clinic including welcoming the patient, interviewing them, preparing their medical chart and taking them to the checkup room. Many clinical assistant also sit behind the reception counter and do a little bit of customer care duties such as answering the telephone, […]
- Advertising Assistant Resume Advertising assistant is a person who assists the executive account manager in an advertising agency or a media firm. This is like the entry point of the advertising career and people apply for this position as an intern when they are studying so that they will have all the necessary experience about the job when they complete their studies. Advertising assistant is a low level employee who assists the job functions and administration in an advertising agency and this job includes a […]
- Assistant Manager Resume The role of an assistant manager is an essential ingredient in every business and organization. The employee who works at this position is required to play a role of bridge or buffer between the higher management and lower supervision. Although person at this post is supposed to be only an assistant but the fact is that they actually make a number of important decisions for the management in daily routine. The assistant manager stays with the manager and helps him in this every task […]
- Medical Assistant Resume If we analyze the working of a hospital or clinic, we see that a large amount of work is done by the nurses and junior staff but the fact is that no matter how much a nurse is good at her job, she can’t control the schedule tasks of a doctor and these kind of duties require a professional assistant or a secretary in simple words. The main job of a medical assistant is to help the senior staff as much as possible and share their burden in all matters. It’s doesn’t mean that the […]
- Patient Care Assistant Resume A person who works below a physician or a nurse in a hospital or private clinic is called a patient care assistant. A person on this position takes care of patients in a hospital or any other medical facility by taking instructions from the supervisor or the senior doctor. This is kind of an entry level position for those who want to adopt the medical as permanent career. In order to become this assistant, there is no need to have a professional or medical degree but it needs a lot […]
- Insurance Assistant Resume Just like any other career and field, an insurance assistant is the one that helps seniors in the office or field. When a person is designated to the senior representative of insurance company, he has the only job to meet with the potential clients and convince them to buy insurance policies but that process is not that simple. Once a client agrees to buy a policy, it is a long process of documentations and paper work which can be overwhelming for the senior staff so the insurance […]
- Editorial Assistant Resume If we analyze the working of staff members and employees in a magazine or newspaper, we can see that they provide different services and have different responsibilities as compared to any other office or company. There are many tasks and responsibilities that the senior staff members can’t do in the editorial office i.e. any type of clerical work so these offices hire professional assistants to help the senior staff members. These assistants are also known as the editorial assistants […]
- IT Assistant Resume The assistants or lower level office employees that work in IT or computer related firms and offices are known as the IT assistants. These assistants have professional education and experience in IT related field and they know how to assist senior staff members in the office with common tasks and routine responsibilities and duties. They provide full assistance to all members in the office from troubleshooting the computer systems to maintaining other equipment i.e. printers or […]
- Cardiac Nurse Resume In simple words, a cardiac nurse takes care of heart patients. These nurses work with a senior cardiologist and assist him in the patient taking care processes. Heart patients suffering from diseases such as congestive heart failure, cardiac dysrhythmia and cardiomyopathy are treated by these nurses. A cardiac nurse can be a male or a female but generally we see male nurses in this field. The reason of that fact is because dealing with a heart patients is not a piece of cake and it […]