Certified EMT Resume
An EMT is an emergency medical technician who is authorized to perform treatments on a patient in an emergency situation until the patient is transferred to a hospital. He is the one who is certified to save a human’s life when there is no doctor or medical staff around in some emergency situation. Although when the ambulance arrives, the EMT is done but in special cases he is also responsible to transfer the patient from the accident scene to the nearest medical facility via ambulance. It’s not very easy to become a certified EMT because when you are one, you have the authority to deal with people’s life in an emergency situation and that can be a problem if you are not good to handle intense situations.
Job responsibilities of a certified EMT:
- The first and most important responsibility of an EMT is to examine the patient immediately and then come up with the treatment plan according to the situations. It’s essential that this assessment is done within moments and to start the treatment process within a minute or two.
- It’s a duty of EMT to be calm and ask the people around him to assist him because when a person is in serious condition, it’s just a matter of time that a single minute can save or lose him forever.
- An EMT has to stay relaxed mentally and look for the signs to gather all the information about the problem of the patient and to remember his training to come up with the most efficient treatment plan.
- Preparing a sample document in also very important and basic responsibility of an EMT. Sample stands for signs and symptoms, allergies, medications, pertinent past medical history, last oral intake and events that led to his injury. This document is prepared by talking to the people on the scene, by looking for allergic reactions on the skin of patient and to examine the skin color.
- Once the sample document is prepared, it’s not duty of the EMT to handover this document to the medical staff arrived at the scene or if he is going with the patient, giving the document to the on duty doctor in the hospital.
Salary of a certified EMT:
A certified EMT is not a permanent employee of a hospital or a government agency in most of the countries and these technicians work in other fields even not related to the medical at all. But when any of them is at the accident site, they perform their duties and then afterwards, get paid by the government or the nearest medical facility. If a country is paying them, an EMT earns about $40000 per year or $15 to $25 per treatment. The pay is not very good in this career so people don’t adopt it as a long term career and only those apply for this job that are still studying and looking for a part time job for a year or two.
Here are the guidelines to create a certified EMT resume:
- Divide the resume into several different parts and keep the information of each section separate from others.
- Start the resume with personal information section in which you are supposed to provide your personal information like name, religion and date of birth and contact information such as phone number and mail address.
- Below the information section, it’s place to put an objective or a career summary if you like. Create an objective with your own words and it would be so much better if you just close your eyes and think what you would be doing if you get this job. Put all those goals and plans in the objective paragraph but keep it short though.
- In the experience section, you provide all the job related work history of yours. Start with the most recent job and write job title, name of the company or hospital and duration of your employment there.
- In the education section, start with the most recent of professional degree and go back up to graduation. Here you need to state name of the institution, degree of course and passing year. If you have attended extra classes during that time, discuss that too.
Elements not to include in this resume:
- There is no need to provide any personal information like your hobbies or favorite book because no one will care to read that.
- Don’t add a picture in this type of resumes and keep it as professional as possible.
- Don’t lie about anything in your resume as your previous employers will rat you out.
- Don’t exceed of more than two pages and if there is a lot to add, save some of them to discuss at the interview.
- There is no need to add references in the first place but, save them for later once you are called for an interview.
Sample Certified EMT resume:
Here is a free sample Certified EMT Resume created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this Certified EMT Resume,
Download Certified EMT Resume
- Medical Assistant Resume If we analyze the working of a hospital or clinic, we see that a large amount of work is done by the nurses and junior staff but the fact is that no matter how much a nurse is good at her job, she can’t control the schedule tasks of a doctor and these kind of duties require a professional assistant or a secretary in simple words. The main job of a medical assistant is to help the senior staff as much as possible and share their burden in all matters. It’s doesn’t mean that the […]
- Cardiologist Resume Cardiology is the study of all the diseases and illnesses related to heart of human beings so a doctor who specializes in this area is called a cardiologist. The most work of a cardiologist is based on the diagnosing conditions, treatment strategies; cure the ailments and helping the patient to have a control on his heart problem. This way a cardiologist not increases the life of a heart patient but also improves its quality. Within this area, there are number of fields a doctor can […]
- Certified Surgical Technologist Resume A surgical technologist is kind of an assistant to the staff who does the surgery on patients. He is the one who helps the doctors, surgeons and nurses in the operation theatre with equipments and operate the instruments in there. He prepares the operation theatre and the patient before the surgery and transfers the patient to the surgery room under his supervision. Most of the times when a patient is transferred to the surgery room, the work of a technologist is done. But they also […]
- Cardiac Nurse Resume In simple words, a cardiac nurse takes care of heart patients. These nurses work with a senior cardiologist and assist him in the patient taking care processes. Heart patients suffering from diseases such as congestive heart failure, cardiac dysrhythmia and cardiomyopathy are treated by these nurses. A cardiac nurse can be a male or a female but generally we see male nurses in this field. The reason of that fact is because dealing with a heart patients is not a piece of cake and it […]
- Certified Optician Resume An optician is an eye professional who deals with all kinds of eye equipments such as glasses and lens according to the prescribed instructions of ophthalmologist and optometrist. There are some countries where an optician also deals with eye treatments on his own and prescribes efficient cure plans for the patients such as eye drops, glasses and lenses. Although there is nothing high profile work is involved but an optician has to take professional training in a medical school and […]
- Chiropractor Resume A chiropractor is a professional who deals with the people having troubles with their spines. He performs adjustments according to the situation in order to eliminate the pain or fracture in the back bone. When it comes to the training of a chiropractor, it’s same as the training of a doctor because it’s very expensive and takes about three to four years to complete. People, who want to be a chiropractor, go through number of sessions with the already practicing chiropractors to […]
- Medical Transcription Resume In medical routines, there is a lot of reading, writing and briefing exists so this field also needs a professional typist who interprets the information they read or hear and also have good speed of typing. This professional is called a medical transcriptionist and we find these typists in almost every hospital, therapy centre and research institutes. Unlike a common typist, the medical transcriptionists have great familiarity with medical terms, words and phrases so they can […]
- Orthodontist Resume The job of orthodontists resembles to the dentist who takes care of teeth only an orthodontist deals with the misaligned teeth and correct them by implementing number of strategies. It may sound like having misaligned teeth is not that big problem but unfortunately it is. It causes snoring, sleep apnea and other breathing problems in a person who has misplaced his jaw or born with it. An orthodontist is the one who deals with the babies who are born with cleft lips or cleft palates. […]
- MRI Coordinator Resume MRI is abbreviation of Magnetic Resonance Imaging which is a standard medical procedure to take cross-body pictures of a patient to locate the fractures or damaged blood vessels. It’s like taking an X-ray but the process and requirements for MRI are totally differ from X-rays. A person who has the knowledge of operating MRI equipment is called a MRI coordinator and he is the one who enters figures into computer and constantly keeps an eye on the patient’s external conditions. It’s […]
- Clinical Assistant Resume There are many types of clinical assistants in the medical field. Some assistants assist the doctors and surgeons during the operation with equipments and instruments. Other clinical assistants perform basic duties in a clinic including welcoming the patient, interviewing them, preparing their medical chart and taking them to the checkup room. Many clinical assistant also sit behind the reception counter and do a little bit of customer care duties such as answering the telephone, […]