Biotech is the abbreviation of Biotechnology and is a branch of biology that deals with the use of microorganisms which perform industrial processes. Biotechnology is one of the new courses which are being studied in institutions now. It has developed rapidly in very short time. The importance of biotechnology can be understood by the fact that there is countless number of microorganisms which need to be researched. These small particles are very beneficial to human beings.
Biotechnology as a Career
Most of people think that biotechnology is just about wearing white lab coats and making medicines but the fact is that this field is too vast and it has various career options including marketing and sales, manufacturing and management of medicines. Here are examples of the jobs in the field of biotechnology:
- Research scientist (Medical)
- Forensic scientist
- Research scientist (Life sciences)
- Scientific journalist
- Research scientist in agriculture
- Research scientist in food industry
- Teachers in schools, colleges and universities
Areas to be Applied for Employment
- Biotechnology companies
- Health services organizations
- Water industry
- Agricultural industry
- Manufacturers of food and drinks
Resume is of vital importance for getting a job. It is necessary to describe the skills of applicant in field of biotechnology. The biotech resume should be concise yet comprehensive. It should be specific and modified according to the job requirements. Your qualifications should be according to the requirements of the company. A resume should be in a good structure. Here is a set of instructions to be followed to make your resume professional and complete.
Information about Your Contact
It should include the details like full name, address, contact number and E–mail address.
In this section, the reader knows about the aim of your resume. Without objective the biotech resume cannot create the desired impact.
This section should describe your achievements in biotech jobs.
You should mention the highest degree first, then name of institution, city and country. Mention the major degree along with the year awarded. You can also mention your GPA if it is required by employer.
In this section mention your skills and abilities in this field.
In this section you can describe your extra skills if any like computer and language skills.
Here achievements can be mentioned like internships and employment. Add your job title, name of previous employer, dates of employment and job description.
Here is preview of a free and sample Biotech Resume created using MS Word,
Click here to download link for this Biotech Resume
- Cardiologist Resume Cardiology is the study of all the diseases and illnesses related to heart of human beings so a doctor who specializes in this area is called a cardiologist. The most work of a cardiologist is based on the diagnosing conditions, treatment strategies; cure the ailments and helping the patient to have a control on his heart problem. This way a cardiologist not increases the life of a heart patient but also improves its quality. Within this area, there are number of fields a doctor can […]
- Insurance Specialist Resume This is a reality that life is very uncertain and we don’t know a damn thing about the future which makes it a little difficult to free your mind from your family’s future situations when you will not be around or worst case scenario, if you are dead. This is the fear that convinces a person to get insurance for the sake of his family’s future. There are various kinds of insurances out there but individuals tend to stick with life insurance, property insurance, vehicle insurance and […]
- Medical Administration Resume Medical administrator is an important person who has to assist doctors and other medical staff in the completion of office work. Duties and responsibilities of administrative assistant are based on the demand of employer and setup of organization. Responsibilities can vary such as insurance filings, management of patient files, arrangement of labs and new admissions in the hospitals, answer phone curies, handle different project files and schedule appointments. If you want yourself […]
- Childcare Resume If you love the company of children then you can land for the position in childcare center. It can be an ideal choice for you because daycare employees are responsible to look after children in the absence of their guardians. If you want to consider a job in this field then you have to design a strong resume according to the requirements of potential employer. It is a highly responsible job therefore people want to pick a reliable person to look after their kids. A well written […]
- Certified EMT Resume An EMT is an emergency medical technician who is authorized to perform treatments on a patient in an emergency situation until the patient is transferred to a hospital. He is the one who is certified to save a human’s life when there is no doctor or medical staff around in some emergency situation. Although when the ambulance arrives, the EMT is done but in special cases he is also responsible to transfer the patient from the accident scene to the nearest medical facility via […]
- Truck Driver Resume Commercial truck drivers can seek a job in an organization to deliver goods safely from one place to another. If you have license to drive trucks then you can land for this job with the help of a truck driver resume. Only a truck driver resume can help you to persuade potential employer to call you for interview. Truck driver resume will help potential employer to evaluate your driving skills and previous work history. Your resume should be well written with all important details. […]
- Business Administration Resume Showing your talent in business administration resume must explain that you're a feasible prospect for the job. By putting a focus on your skills and attracting interest toward your job objectives, your goal is usually customized to related job posts. Firms that wish to employ workers who've a history running a business administration are eventually searching for those people who are competent in finance, team development and client associations. When searching for job as an admin, […]
- Engineer Resume After the completion of engineering degree, everyone wants to find a dream engineering job through an application process. You have to build an engineering resume with all your qualifications and credentials. A compelling resume is always required to get the better chances of interview for the engineering jobs. During your study time, try to make you more erudite and marketable for the potential employers. It will also help you in writing an engineer resume according to the specific […]
- Security Guard Resume A security guard (also known as Security Officer) is a person whose job is to protect property, assets, or people. Security guards are mostly privately and officially employed personnel. Sometimes, security guards are uniformed, and are paid to protect property by keeping a high visibility presence to prevent illegal and wrong actions, taking action and reporting any incidents to their client and emergency services by observing for signs of crime, fire or disorder.
Security guards […]
- Model Resume Fashion models are usually recognized by their looks and outgoing personalities. Models are usually considered as blank slates to recreate their looks with the help of hairstyling, makeup and clothing. Models walk on ramp with skills and precision according to the requirements of potential employer. If you have sound personality and attributes to become a model then you can join this profession but like any other profession a sound resume is necessary to design. Job description […]