Billing Clerk Resume
Billing clerks work in almost every business and organization and their key responsibility is to prepare, issue and process invoices and to keep them in the permanent record for future verification and to use as evidence in case of any dispute. As this is clear from the title that these types of employees work with billings and receipts which is like the most necessary ingredient of any business transaction either its related to money or services. People, who do this job, work with simple calculating machines and computer programs to prepare and maintain a record of every sale of purchase taking place inside the company. This is not a high profile job that means it doesn’t need you to have a professional degree to apply for the job and you can start your career here right after your high school completion and the only skill you need is how to operate a computer and a few simple programs.
When a business or an office hires a Billing Clerk, he is asked to do a number of tasks which vary according to the business type and the department he is working in i.e. sales, advertising, accounts or marketing. Generally a billing clerk is required to compile and record bills, prepare and issue invoices and provides customer services as the face of the company by answering queries of clients and resolving their issues. He is also responsible to regularly update the customer’s file with current invoices and contact information. In specific case, the billing clerk may also need to compare the shipment information and the invoice he saved to eliminate an error or to resolve an issue.
Up until now you have discovered that this is a basic job which doesn’t need you to be an expert in any field or a professional degree in business administration but only serves as a starting point to go up in the accounting or billing career so this is pretty much clear that it doesn’t pay that well and you can only do this job as a temporary and part time thing but can’t adopt it on permanent basis. Although it varies from business to business but generally a billing clerk earns up to $30000 per year which goes up to $40000 in some special cases i.e. having responsibility of more than one department or performing some extra tasks on the side.
Key elements to include in a Billing Clerk Resume:
- Start the resume with your contact information in the introduction area and put your name and contact number and email in slightly bold font.
- Instead of using an objective, you should put a short summary of your career and don’t forget to use some action words in that such as achievements or accomplishments.
- Give details about your previous work history and start with the most recent job you had. Write your job title, company’s name and the duration of your work there. It would be a good idea if you use bullet points to separate every job.
- After that it’s time to talk about your education. Start with the professional degree and put the name of the institution, degree of course and year of passing.
- If you have some extra skills that will help you at this job, mention that in separate section so that it would be easier to notice them.
Elements that you shouldn’t add in a Billing Clerk Resume:
- There is no need to put a picture on your resume because it’s not an act related job. If you have an old acting resume that you are going to send, don’t do that.
- You should update your resume on regular basis and always create a new and different resume for different jobs.
- Although it’s very important to know what you will be earning but save that for the interview and don’t ever ask about the salary in the resume.
- Avoid being too personal in the resume as this a professional document not your dating profile.
- Don’t make it too lengthy and eliminate all the irrelevant information or general stuff if there is any.
Sample Billing Clerk Resume:
Here is preview of this Free Sample Billing Clerk Resume created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this Sample Billing Clerk Resume,
Download Billing Clerk Resume
- Order Entry Clerk Resume Order entry clerk is an important position that usually works in the retail environment to manage income orders issued by customers. Order entry clerks take orders and processes them in the order processing system of the company. They are responsible to insure accurate execution of orders without any error. You can apply for this position with the use of order entry clerk resume that should be well formatted. It is important to highlight list of experiences and skills according to […]
- Accounts Payable Clerk Resume Now a days, a lot of people is joining a relatively new profession known as an accounts payable (AP) expert. This job demands cautious interest to depth and also the capability to concentrate over stress. Simply because numerous AP works are regarded as entry-level admin or office-management opportunities, there is a great deal of competitors for these positions--so getting ready with an efficient resume is crucial to come over the competitors. An accounting clerk usually operates […]
- Bookkeeping Clerk Resume A Bookkeeping Clerk, also known as Accounting Clerk or Auditing Clerk, is a person who keeps financial records of the organization. Since the job of a bookkeeping clerk is to add, subtract, multiply and divide many numbers on a daily basis, therefore, he or she must be able to use computers to calculate and record data.
In small businesses, bookkeeping clerks handle all financial recordkeeping, whereas bookkeeping clerks in large companies perform more specialized tasks. They are […]
- Accounting Clerk Resume Accounting clerks get job in secretarial or finance divisions since they primarily work to facilitate main records or conduct accounting. In accounting, they have to record sales revenues and everyday expenditure. If you have certain credentials such as secretarial documentation, correlated degree or a bachelor’s degree then you are capable for the accounting clerk job. You can apply for it after designing a persuasive accounting clerk resume. While preparing accounting clerk resume, […]
- Medical Record Clerk Resume When we talk about a hospital, we know there will be thousands of documents and records that need to be managed and taken care of. To operate this part of a hospital, record keepers or medical clerks are hired who deal with all the document and record related works. This is not a very high profile job and these clerks usually sit behind the desk all time making and updating the patient’s history files. Sometimes its manual work in which files are made in documented form where most of […]
- Cashier Resume Cashier is responsible to carry on different operations related to cash registers therefore employers want to hire a responsible, qualified and reliable person as a cashier. If you want to become a cashier then you have to design a perfect resume to impress potential employer. Your resume should be informative enough to inform reader about your skills, achievements, abilities, qualifications, educations, professional experience and awards. It is necessary to highlight strongest […]
- Account Representative Resume Account representative is equally important for any industry or any company. This profession has great scope and according to an estimate there were more than 2.1 million jobs in this field in 2008 and this number is growing continuously. Account representative has to perform different jobs including booking keeping, accounting, and auditing. High school degree is a highlighted demand of employer to handle the responsibilities of this position. Growing competition and demands for […]
- Bank Teller Resume Banking and finance is an important industry and you can give a smart boost to your career by taking start as a bank teller. This Bank Teller Resume is created and being shared with you to help you in this very task. Some banks prefer to hire college students for this post and offer promotions to graduate and degree holder students. It does not matter either teller is your ultimate career goal or you are just interested to get your foot in the door to further move onto bigger dreams […]
- Data Analyst Resume Winning data analyst resume is required to get dream job because this is the only way to impress the potential employer. In order to create winning data analyst resume, you have to comprehend the basic formats of resume so that you can include all vital contents in the resume. There are three fundamental formats for the formation of data analyst resume so you can select one according to your experience and qualification. You have to consider your own experience and career history to […]
- Junior Accountant Resume A Junior Accountant is really a junior accountant which joins this career from this entry level position. It’s the starting point for you if you want to be a senior accountant. This position prepares you for the later stages which involve much high profile duties and need an experienced person to work on. At this stage you work as an assistant to a regular accountant and perform some common office tasks but your main job is to observe the working of the other senior accountants and […]